Online Stores

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kelton, Nov 25, 2003.

1. kelton

kelton Nibble Poster

A few weeks ago - somewhere - I saw a link for a UK site that lists prices for hardware of all the major internet shops. Anyone know what site I am talking about? I stupidly forgot to bookmark it / visit it (so it was in my history). I know a site like this exists in the US - but I need a UK equivalent!

Cheers

K.

2. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

dabs.com maybe :?: dabs

Actually, don' think they compare, kelkoo.co.uk do though.
    kelkoo

3. kelton

kelton Nibble Poster

As I said to you on MSN - dabs is an actual shop, it only sells its own stuff. Looking for a site that brings togther prices from Dabs, Simply ect ect.

Will check out the 2nd suggestion now!

4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Darn it, Kelton - I used a UK site like that only 3 weeks ago while picking up a new CD-RW. I can't remember it offhand, but I know its in the Forums somewhere in response to a query I put up.

I'll hunt around and get back to you ....
    HTH

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. kelton

kelton Nibble Poster

Yeah, quite posibly where I saw it Gav. Will have to look at your posts *yawns* (Only Joking :P)

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Rather you than me, mate - thats why I dropped the hint ! :P

Let me know if you find it - there's a particular footie game I'm tensed up watching right now, but I'll try and look later :)

7. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Found the link HERE. Wasn't on these forums, but on Nitlc boards (hope I'm not breaking any copyright, etc, here ?)

Are you with Nitlc, Kelton ? If not, you might not be able to follow this link - let me know.

8. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

9. Cartman

Cartman Byte Poster

I've used this site a lot over the years http://www.computerprices.co.uk/

Good comparison site and will point you to the relevant sites that sell the cheapest components by catagory.

However, do agree with Gav - used Savastore on a regular basis, and always pleased with them.

Insight is another good place to shop. - http://uk.insight.com.

My 2p....

10. Angus

Angus Nibble Poster

Anither 2p from me...

I have used Misco too ( used to be Global Direct), but forund that http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/home/index.html was cheaper. I recently bought a usb wireless adapter for £20.00 cheaper than a high street shop..

Cheers for now
    Angus

So happy to be back online after a whole day without service :D :D

Certifications: A+ , MCP
  11. kelton

kelton Nibble Poster

Thanks guys. I was really looking for an internet price comparison site (like Flex / Cartman posted). Ive used or at least heard of / looked at all the other shops you sugested - but thanks anyway.

I personaly use either Dabs or TekHeads these days - but have used Insight, Misco and Simply in the past.

Dabs I find are fairly well priced and never had a problem with them - they also use Parcelforce which suits me better as I can use my work address and they send it to my office first thing in the morning to deliver to myself :)

TekHeads is usualy where I buy my new systems from and mod bits ect - small company with great customer support and that personal touch. Always dispatch fast - or keep you informed if things are out of stock. Always willing to help you over email or phone.

However - as its a friend I am leaving the choice to him. He just asked me if I knew where he could search for a new printer - I gave him most of the major shops but was wanting a price compare site anyway :)

Will send him what I have and leave it to him to buy where he wants no.

Thanks all!

12. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Wasn't one of the links I posted a comparison site, kelton ? Sorry mate - I'll check again, as I deff used one when I was last buying.

And I guess I do usually end up sounding like a Savastore Rep - just that I've always found them cheap and cheerful. I think I just like to stick with a place I like :thumbleft

13. kelton

kelton Nibble Poster

Yup, I think most people do that - even outside the computing world. I had a few bad experiences with Jungle - before they got bought up by Argos. Never used them again - found dabs good and never had a problem with tekheads.