online sql test

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by GenericEric, Nov 29, 2015.

1. GenericEric

GenericEric New Member

I applied for a software support role via an agency and have been given an online test to do. I know nothing about the company and was only asked how much i know about sql. I was honest and said that i have not used it before but will spend the next few days learning as much as i can before i do it. The consultant told me that the company do not mind if i am not up to standard straight away as they are willing to train the right people.

i have spent the past 3 days watching online tutorials and this evening i plan to complete a code academy sql tutorial. most of which is bringing it all back from my uni days. My understanding of databases and sql is growing but still nowhere as good as id like it to be.

the agency were very vague about the company, only sql is required.

does anyone have any advice or help they can give me?

i am tempted to ring and ask if i can do the test in a week but i dont want to let this opportunity go.

2. crazy horse

crazy horse Byte Poster

I'd give the agency a ring tomorrow and ask for a little more detail on the company and get a written down job description.

GenericEric likes this.