One of them weeks! Thank heavens it's Friday!!!

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Coupe2T, Nov 16, 2012.

1. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Don't know about you boys and girls, but i've had a week from hell! Nothing but problem upon problem upon problem! I've spent at least 2 hours logged on from home every night this week, and also have to be in the office tonight from 9pm until potentially 2am for a scheduled change!

The one shining light . . . . . I got plans to go out with the lads this weekend and watch the footie, then up for a curry in the local curry house! Can't come soon enough!

Hows everyone elses weeks been?

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  2. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Its been a busy week for me too... but for me, its mostly project works which is cool. Although I am happy its Friday!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  3. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

A four day AD risk assessment engagement followed by a one day community meeting where I had to give a presentation. Just had some dry ham on the train and hope to be home in a few hours.

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM
  4. exonje

exonje Byte Poster

Been covering at one of old workplaces while I wait for my start date at a new job. Forgot how much I loved working in a computer repair shop, day flies by and busy as hell!

5. Beerbaron

Beerbaron Megabyte Poster

I've had a busy week but I just got back from passing my VCP5 exam :rocks No real plans other than watching the footy and installing my new SSD drive.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
    WIP: CISSP
  6. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

Really busy week for me also and with it being a new job and only having been there 5 months ive not taken any holiday yet. Taking a day on Monday tho and after this week really looking forward to a 3 day wkd!

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
  7. danielno8

danielno8 Gigabyte Poster

That does sound like a week from hell!

I have been working in Azerbaijan since the 6th, been a good trip and i leave to go home tonight :)

Certifications: CCENT, CCNA
    WIP: CCNP
  8. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Sounds similar to my week, bad times for us both! :blink

I've been at this place til 8 every night this week... and here I am again, just myself and my IT colleague from 8am on a Saturday!

Hopefully Spurs can beat Arsenal today and improve my outlook! Haha 8)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  9. Beerbaron

Everyone likes to see Arsenal get beat :)

Certifications: BSc (Hons), MSc, ITIL v3F, MCP, MCDST, MCITP: edst7, MCTS, MCSA: Server 2003, MCSA: Windows 7, N+, NVQ IT lvl 3, MCSA Windows 7, VCP5, CCENT, CEH
  10. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Although I fear they won't be today! :(

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
  11. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Busy week for me. Rolled out a couple of DCs for a new customer at a remote site and also installed a new Cisco phone system – really need to get some Cisco certs at some point.

Putting together a Server 2012 proposal just now which I wasn’t expecting.

Hope Arsenal win – if they lose then that’s my bet out the window already! :)

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  12. Beerbaron

Spurs were hammering Arsenal until Adebayor's sending off. Shame as it could have been a good game.

13. jvanassen

jvanassen Kilobyte Poster

My week consisted of dealing with a company who provide us with a massive scanning system and also provide the PC and support it. The PC which drives this scanner crashed and needed a replacement hard drive.

When speaking to this company and asking them to come and fit a new hard drive and re-install they told us that it wasn't a 5 minute job to rebuild all this software and it would take a few days and instead they said they would like to restore a image of the current hard drive to the new hard drive. My reply to this was brilliant lets get it done then as we have a client coming to look at this system on Monday morning. This engineers reply was that the image aka the backup of this hard drive was on the hard drive itself.

I cannot repeat what i said to him.....and trust me im not making this scenario up. This company had actually taken a backup and then stored it on the hard drive itself. Im still struggling to get my head round it.

Certifications: CompTIA A+, Network+, CCENT
    WIP: ICND2 200-101
    exonje likes this.
  14. ade1982

ade1982 Megabyte Poster

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  15. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

One word... gutted.

After the first 15 minutes we were flying, could have been 2 up, but as soon as we went down to 10, I knew it was going to get ugly! :( Bad times.

16. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I wish I could say my weekend and new week were improving, but alas, more of the sam proverbial brown stuffs.

Not only did I have the pain of Watching Adebayor single handedly screw us over against Arsenal with a ridiculous challenge, but I was then somewhat ill on Saturday night, yesterday was ok, then back to work today and straight into trouble! Change that I put in place on Firday night seems to have gone a little wrong, so loads of calls etc, rolled back and resolved the issue for the time being but not a day of looking at Cisco logs and configs trying to find the cause of the issues! Whoop Whoop!

Congrats Beerbaron on the VCP pass, at least someone is getting good news! :)

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!