On the right tracks?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by Michael R, Sep 19, 2006.

1. Michael R

Michael R Bit Poster

Hello all,

I'm still pretty new here but i've had a good read of the forums, and theres some great information here.

I've decided to (after finding out a local college offers some courses) get certified in a few areas.

I'm going to start with the A+ then move on to the N+ as they can both be achieved at this local college.

They also do the MS Desktop Tech certificate, so i'd like to move on and do that one after the first to and finally move on to the MCSE.

Just wondering if anyone had any tips or ideas about doing it that way or if you'd recommed doing it any other ways?

Certifications: CCNA, MCP, MCTS, MCITP:SA, VTSP 5, MCITP:EMA 2010
    WIP: MCITP:EA, CCNA Sec / CCNP
  2. phonics3k

phonics3k Nibble Poster

its always good to start with A+ and then Move on to N+

Then it depends on what way you wanna go in life or what you would rather do.

Certifications: None As Yet
    WIP: MCTS: 70-536 & 70-526
  3. Michael R

Michael R Bit Poster

Well i'm really interested and always have been in, setting up, installing computers, repairing, general maintance etc..

And would love to do it as an actual job

Certifications: CCNA, MCP, MCTS, MCITP:SA, VTSP 5, MCITP:EMA 2010
    WIP: MCITP:EA, CCNA Sec / CCNP
  4. phonics3k

phonics3k Nibble Poster

Well its definatly a good idea to start with the A+ and then N+ maybe move on to MCDST/MCSE or something on them lines, as I believe thats more maintenance side of things.

Certifications: None As Yet
    WIP: MCTS: 70-536 & 70-526
  5. tuvanit

tuvanit Nibble Poster

Well, if you contacted with PC for a long time. I think you have some experiences enough to start MCDST or just the exam 70-270. That's good!

Certifications: 70-270, 70-290
    WIP: MCSA 2003