1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

On average how long does it take....

Discussion in 'Network+' started by oush, May 9, 2006.

1. oush

oush Byte Poster

I was wandering on average how long have you guys revised for the Network + exam? How long did it take you to pass the exam? How long does it take for you to get the results? Big wait? Thanks! :D :D :D

Certifications: MCITP: EA, Linux+, CCNA, CCDA
    WIP: CCIP
  2. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

This hugely depends on your experience and previous knowledge. It took me a month to do Network+, but then I've been doing networking for years, and work for a fairly major ISP.

My main difficulty was remembering what the exam *expected* me to know, which sometimes isn't quite the same as what is current practise.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  3. hbroomhall

hbroomhall Petabyte Poster Gold Member

Er - I overlooked part of your question.

With CompTIA you get the results immediately on finishing your exam. The cert takes about a month or so to arrive after that.

Harry.

Certifications: ECDL A+ Network+ i-Net+
    WIP: Server+
  4. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

It took me a month to do it too but I had a very tight time limit in which to do it. I would have liked to take longer and go more in depth with it. I think 3-4 months would be reasonable if you have some experience and maybe 2-3 months longer if you don't.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster Forum Leader

yes I agree its good to know your stuff well before you go in, it took me about 2 weeks but that was during my cisco courses, but if you start fresh just with network+ then yea a month. It also depends on your experience and knowledge of the material before you begin to study.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA