1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

OMGWTFBBQ I've only gone and farking done it! Also: what you getting for Crimblemaus?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Arroryn, Dec 23, 2013.

1. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

Those of you that know me know that I write. And I like to write. A lot. And that I've self-published a couple of novels.

One of those novels is a zombie book under the pseudonym Warren Fielding. It's the first of a series now, as it turns out. I, and the entire 5 book series, has been picked up by American niche publisher Permuted Press. This is quite literally a childhood dream come true. One is on cloud nine. Best Christmas present I could have ever had.

What are you guys getting :P

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
    Beerbaron, jk2447 and Cunningfox like this.
  2. SimonD

SimonD Terabyte Poster Moderator

Certainly not a publishing deal :o

I am really pleased for you on the publishing front, will have to have a read of them (I love books, read every day and the genre is one I like (partial to some Jonathan Maberry now and again :))

As for Chrimbo, I honestly don't know, I am the kind of guy that if he wants something he just gets it (the Surface Pro 2 jumping to mind) so it leaves friends and family with a bit of an issue where pressos are concerned.

It is what it is I guess :)

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
    WIP: VCP6-CMA, VCAP-DCD and Linux + (and possibly VCIX-NV).
  3. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Well done you , class that is.

Im not a zombie fan at all however, so your next book needs to be something to do with time travel. But a book where it leads into others, like back to the future stuff. i like that me. So get writing please ha ha

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  4. Arroryn
    Honorary Member

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed

If I did, it'll be about 10 books down the line. Got 4 more zombie books to write and possibly 6 more fantasy ones :P buy the fantasy one. It's only 77p!!

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  5. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Gigabyte Poster Premium Member

Ok, ill look on amazon

Ed

- - - Updated - - -

Link me, as im too lazy and hungover to find it ha ha

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Lump of coal. I've been bad. :D

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. AJ

AJ Administrator Administrator

That's great news Dawn big congrats. You let me know where I can get a signed copy and I'm in there :D

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Looking at doing ..................
  8. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

Dawn I never had any doubt darling, massive congratulations. Promise me you will get me a part when the movie deal is setup! Even if it's one line ha ha

I just want to see my kids faces, I seriously can't wait

Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  9. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster Forum Leader

Congratulations Dawn!

A fantastic "Christmas present", but ultimately richly deserved.

Hope it goes well for you... ;-)

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  10. Shinigami

Shinigami Megabyte Poster

Nice job! Writing a Novel is certainly a great achievement, and having done several WITH a publishing agreement is definitely a great present for the holidays.

Makes my own writing pale in comparison :p (which although a lot, is almost as dry as your typical MS Press cert book... then again, this is what the customer request, haha)

Certifications: MCSE, MCITP, MCDST, MOS, CIW, Comptia
    WIP: Win7/Lync2010/MCM