1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Old computers and game consoles

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ericrollo, Apr 8, 2010.

1. ericrollo

ericrollo Megabyte Poster

I remember a post on here a while ago with someone saying that they went to a car boot and found loads of old game consoles really cheap.

Has anyone been to a car boot recently and have you found any of these old computers?
    Certifications: MOS Master, A+, MCP 271
    WIP: HND, Programming, Another Job
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

They always have them at car boots.

In most town & cities once a month there is computer fair where you can pick up old computers and games they are normally advertised in the local papers.

My mate picked up a zx spectrum 128 the other day with 300 games for £10 :D he's only got as far as number 10 which is cobra with the flying cheese burgers :D
    Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Always been tempted to buy an Amiga A500 as it was IMO the best computer or console for gaming of all time.
    Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Im a 1200 fan meself lol, got one off fleabay a while back :)
    Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  5. jk2447

jk2447 Petabyte Poster Moderator

If I had a man cave I'd buy a C16+4, C64, Spectrum 48k (Rubber Key model and external tape drive), Spectrum 128+2, Amstrad CPC6128, Amiga 500 with add on CD-Rom, Amiga 4000.

I'd also have a console section with a Atari 2600, Master System, Mega Drive, NES, SNES, PS2, PS3, XBOX, XBOX 360, Wii.

All pimped out with as many games and accessories as I can find :biggrin

One day. . . . . .
    Certifications: BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, VCP4, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VCP5, VCP6-NV
  6. Colloghi

Colloghi Kilobyte Poster

I buy nearly all my old consoles, computers & games from carboots. I tend to find the items are a lot cheaper than ebay, as people tend to want to just get rid of old junk, than make a hefty profit.

Last carboot I done a week last saturday - (Nice Midday start at carboot in Chesterfield) :)
    I bought 38 original Ps1 games, and 17 Ps2 games costing £10 for the lot. I wasnt particulary bothered about a lot of the PS2 games, and as we were standing at the car boot..........i sold 8 for a quid each, which resulting in £8 means I only paid 2 quid for the lot:)

Car boots are awesome................
    Certifications: A+, MCP 270, 271, MCDST
    WIP: 290