Ok so here the thing....

Discussion in 'A+' started by manwithaplan78, Nov 12, 2009.

1. manwithaplan78

manwithaplan78 New Member

I've been studying for my CompTIA A+ (self paced) for a few months now. Do I continue learning the 2006 objectives or do I just by pass this now, and go for the updated exams?! I was intending to take my exam by the end of the year!

:eek:

WIP: compTIA A+
  2. JamesCG

JamesCG Bit Poster

Go with the 700 series. It's not an enormous difference in terms of exam objectives but it does make you more relevant to employers.

3. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

An A+ is an A+ to most employers so continue as you are.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you plan on knocking it out by the end of the year, choose either of them. Doesn't matter which. Considering your past studies, I'd recommend the 2006 version.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. brizzoluk

brizzoluk Kilobyte Poster

The 2007 exams dont retire until Feb 2010 at the earliest so i would stick to what you are doing now especially as you intend to do exams by the end of the year.
    Also i dont think it will matter in the slightest to an employer which version of the exams you pass, as showing you have the A+ is showing you are competent and able to do the job.

Certifications: ECDL, A+
    WIP: Network+
  6. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Most employers don't know that exams get changed every once in a while so they don't care which you have done aslong as you have done it

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  7. Willk83

Willk83 New Member

A+ is A+ is A+ - just be sure you take it before they retire the 600 series exams and you're golden.

8. manwithaplan78

manwithaplan78 New Member

Thanks for your help guys!!

I think considering the time I've spent on the essentials and 220-602 exams, it would just be crazy to start all over... Full steam ahead it is then....

Hey can anyone recommend any test exams that are close to the real thing?

:D

WIP: compTIA A+
  9. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

I'd recommend Boson. I've not tried any of the other ones which are recommended round these parts though.
    I found the Boson exams to be accurate with informative, well-referenced explanations and pitched just a little bit harder than I found the real thing. Exactly what I want from a practice exam.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job
  10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

I have had preplogiv and Transcender but got to review the Boson A+ product and the Boson Ex-Sim max A+ exams beat the others hands down.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You can guess what I'd recommend, but I'll just thank the other guys who have already done it. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!