OK, I'm back. Here's what happened....

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by ffreeloader, Sep 8, 2007.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Trip,

LOL. I know my dislike of MS isn't pathological. It was just my treatment of people here that was bad because of how badly I felt both physically and emotionally.

And, thanks. Yeah, I now have my health issues under some type of control, and with the consulting I'm doing now we can afford to make the dietary changes that must be made. I've actually had to poke 7 extra holes in belt and am now wearing pants I haven't been able to get into for more than 5 years. I've lost well over 70 or 80 pounds. I've still got a long ways to go, but at least there is light at the end of the tunnel.

As for my wife's situation, well, it has finally come to head, and is being resolved in her favor. There are two store supervisors who had been watching how she had been treated at work while also seeing their boss stealing stuff for a long time, and finally, unknown to my wife, decided they had seen enough. They were mad through and through about what was happening. They went to the board of directors, not knowing what all had gone on before, and told the board what they knew. The boss is now in serious trouble and will most likely have legal charges filed against her. This coming Monday they sit down with the board and a couple of lawyers, so the end is near to this situation. I hope so because that woman is something else. She deserves to sit in jail for quite a while for the things she has done.

After the legal part of this is done, and she is no longer in a position to harm my wife at work, she and I are going to have a few words, well, not a few, quite a few. I've bitten my tongue for far too long. She almost killed my wife with the stress she put her through and I'm gonna give that lowlife a piece of my mind.

I have absolutely despised only 1 or 2 people in my life, but that woman is the most conniving, sleazy, dishonest, scumbag I have ever seen and I absolutely despise her. Shannon went through a couple of years of anxiety attacks, migraines, and getting sick before she went to work because she knew what the day would be like, and anyone who knows my wife will tell you that she is the most mild-mannered, polite, loyal, and honest person you will ever meet. What that woman has done to my wife is criminal, and absolutely uncalled for.

Anyone, and I mean anyone, who will steal from a non-profit designed to help the homeless and the needy is at the bottom of the ladder in terms of human value. And this woman thinks she is better than the people she's supposed to be helping.... I actually think she fits the clinical description for a sociopath as she will lie without compunction, and has absolutely no conscience to her at all. She also values no one but herself. Other people are only there for her to get what she wants, and she will use them no matter what the cost to them. And as far as rules go, they apply to everyone but her.

She is hated by all her employees, and yet she is literally shocked when one of them shows any dislike for her as she thinks her game playing is so subtle that no one could ever recognize it for it is. Her arrogance is almost beyond description. As far as I'm concerned she is a truly evil person.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. ffreeloader

LOL. I came back from lunch one day and was told clean out my stuff as I was fired. My computers had been shut down and I was told I was under no circumstances to log back in.... It came as a bolt-from-the blue as I was supposed to fly to California the next day on business.

Someone at work had also used an account of mine to break into one of the developer's email accounts and steal email. I remember being asked if I would do that to get evidence against the developers, and I refused as doing that is illegal, so they just used my account to do it.... Oh, they were a real piece of work.

The developers asked me about it and I guess I convinced them I was telling the truth as they were going to involve me in the lawsuit too on the grounds that I committed illegal acts against them. We talked for a couple of hours about it and by the time we finished they were convinced I was not responsible. I was lucky in that whoever did it, did it after working hours when I could not have possibly done it. Otherwise, I might now be sitting in jail with my reputation and any possible future in IT gone.

So, yeah, I must have made some Chinese guy really mad.

3. ffreeloader

To all the rest you have you have welcomed me back, I say thank you. I really do appreciate your kindness.

I started this thread so I could apologize and thank you all for being decent people, and then we could just get on with the business of IT. So, once again, thank you all. Now, lets just get back to business.... :)

4. Tinus1959

Tinus1959 Gigabyte Poster

He Freddy,

Glad you're well again. Welcome back.

Certifications: See my signature
    WIP: MCSD, MCAD, CCNA, CCNP
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey Freddy,

Good to know that you are ok now, I dont know you that well but I understand where you are coming from.

Welcome back!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. ffreeloader

Thanks, Tinus. Didn't know you were a inhabitant here too. Thought you just lived at MCSEWorld.... :D

7. ffreeloader

Hey prof,

I don't know how this happened, but your post didn't show up under Tinus' post when I replied to him. So, I wasn't ignoring you, just didn't happen to see your post for some reason.

So.... Thanks for the kind words.

8. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

No apologies needed Fred.

Great to have you back.

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  9. ffreeloader

Well, that's nice of you to say, but from my side of the fence it just isn't true. I deplore the lack of civility in our western society today. I also deplore the lack of simple courtesy and the sense of entitlement that causes people to think that it is a sign of weakness to be polite and apologize when you know yourself to have been in the wrong.

So, I was outside the parameters of what, and who, I expect myself to be, and I violated my own sense of honor and responsibility by my own conduct. I need to apologize because I know I was wrong in my treatment of my fellow human beings, and it's my internal standards that I must live up to, and by. I must hold myself accountable, for if I do not who will? And if don't, I will eventually become a blight upon society.

I do my best to live by the Golden Rule, and when I don't, I owe others an apology for I would expect the same behavior of them. You know, it's that doing unto others the way I would have them do unto me. It's just a way of making society a little better place to exist, one person at a time, and I'm the only person I have control over, or should have control over anyway. :oops:

10. juice142

juice142 Megabyte Poster

That's very true Freddy. But if we don't have the willingness to understand and empathise with our friends then we are all deeply in the sh1t.

Don't beat yourself up. :rolleyes:

Respect,

J.

Certifications: BSc (Hons), A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270, MCSA
  11. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

I'll just add my name to the many Freddy fans on this list (thread). The forum hasn't been the same without you my friend and i am really glad to see you back and clearly in better health and on good form. here's to reading more of your truly insightful posts in the future 8)

Pete

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  12. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Freddy. You're back. And that makes me glad. :)

As mentioned above, my colour and rank have changed, but not my love for CF. I never thought for a second that you held your tongue just because I was an Admin.

I have always respected you, and your right to express your views, and agree or disagree - I found CertForums missing something the last time you left. I hope it was the last time,

Finally, I'm glad to hear both you and your wife are regaining your health, and hopefully quality of life together.

If we crossed swords in the past (stress "if"), then that was then and this is now. There are many here still to benefit from your words and views, Freddy. Good to see you back with them :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  13. ffreeloader

I'm not beating myself up. I'm just acknowledging what I've done, and moving past it. That's all this thread was about, not some type of masochist flailing of back to atone for my "sins". I just have to live by what I believe, if I'm going to like who I see in the mirror in the morning.

14. ffreeloader

Well, I don't know what to say to that. That I have a "fan" in somebody like you is pretty amazing to me. I've always considered myself a pretty average kinda guy. But, thanks, it means a lot.

15. ffreeloader

Well, Gay, errrr, I mean Gav.....

I don't ever remember having any kind of dispute with you at all, other than me thinking your sig said "Gay" instead of "Gav". :lolbang

That guys like you consider me to be contributing in a positive enough manner that my input was missed is once again kinda a surprise to me. I have much to learn and a long ways to go before, if ever, I will consider myself to be the kind of person who should be looked up to. I'm a long ways away from being in the same class as someone like Harry, zebulebu, and a lot of the other major contributers to this forum that I can think of. I'm just a noob. An old fart kinda noob, yes, but still a noob. :inv :fart :twisted:

16. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Its all good Freddy, no apologies required, I know exactly what you mean about the posts, happens to me all the time.:biggrin

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  17. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Welcome back to the fold freddy,

I have to admit that you did get up my nose a couple of times last year with some of the comments, but most of the time what you said was well thought out and informed and not just pure MS bashing.

We all go through times in our lives when things get piled on top of you and you lash out at all of those around you. I'm going through that period right now, a lot of personal stuff going on away from the internet.

What you have to remember though is that the new people do not know what you did previously which is a good thing, because it gives you a chance for a fresh start. Never try to make amends for the past, sure apologise once for it, but move on. You will be judged on (I hate that word but lots of people use it) what you do from this day forward.

Thanks for being brutally honest, takes a lot of courage to do so.

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  18. Raffaz

Raffaz Kebab Lover Gold Member

Welcome back!:)

Certifications: A+, MCP, MCDST, AutoCAD
    WIP: Rennovating my house
  19. ffreeloader

Wizard,

Sorry to hear your personal life has taken a turn for the worse right now. Hope it turns itself around quickly.

As for being judged, well, I don't think that is a bad thing. It is part of human nature, and if used correctly, a very necessary part, for how do we separate what is good from what is bad if we do not judge between them? That goes for judging human behavior as well. Not all behaviors are of equal value, and if we do not correctly judge between good and bad behavior society will ultimately completely fall apart. Accepting bad behavior under the guise of "tolerance" will only end up ruining society in the long run for children grow up being little mimes, acting out what they see as being "normal" behavior and it is up to adults to teach them the difference between acceptable and non-acceptable behaviors.

I posit that there is nothing worse that we can do for the future of society than to not judge between good and bad behavior.

20. ffreeloader

Thanks, Raffaz. Good to be back.