OGC withdrawal of ITIL version2

Discussion in 'Service Management Frameworks' started by Kitkatninja, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

OGC withdrawal of ITIL version2

OGC has considered these findings alongside its own requirements for the maintenance of the ITIL product set, and agreed that:

a. Withdrawal will be product based, with all language variants for individual qualifications and publications being removed at the same time.

b. Removal of version2 will complete on 30 June 2011. Specific product withdrawal will be as follows:

- V2 Foundation to cease 30 June 2010
    - V2 Manager to cease 31 August 2010
    - V2 Practitioner to cease 31 Dec 2010
    - Foundation Bridge to cease 31 Dec 2010

Read more about it here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Saw this was happening. I wonder if it will drive a massive certification for the old version before it ends or will people adopt the new.

I read somewhere that very few businesses and organisations were implementing V3.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

I don't know myself. Most likely individuals will start making the move over to ITIL v3 certs, but unless there was a real need to implement v3 in practice, I believe that businesses/organisations will continue to use v2 with bits of v3.

That seems to be the case, see here.

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security