Official Course Completion Certificates

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by benmorgan, Jun 8, 2009.

1. benmorgan

benmorgan New Member

Just wondered if Microsoft offer any sort of recognition for sitting their official courses to add value to the certification (rather than just bootcamping it or going straight for the exam)?

I know certain providers offer their own (with Microsoft branding), but was hoping that their would be some sort of central depository co-ordinated by the vendor in a similar way to the Transcript lists exams passed.

Regards,

Ben

2. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Not really - you get the same cert if you went to an official course, bootcamp or braindump.

You could of course put on your CV where you attended the course if you thought it would help, and your transcript would show any anomalies - such as passing several certs in a very short space of time which *may* suggest bootcamping or braindumping.

But providing you are knowledgeable in your field, I don't see why anyone would be interested in where you studied.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

No

If you attend a MS academy, provided they have them in stock, you'll be given a Certificate of Attendence. However, it's not centrally co-ordinated, it's just handed out to say that you've paid and sat the course.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: PGDip Cyber Security