Off for MSc in September

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by UKDarkstar, Jul 22, 2009.

1. Modey

Modey Terabyte Poster

Well done Dark, good news! Hard work to follow soon! :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCP, MCDST, MCSA 2K3, MCTS, MOS, MTA, MCT, MCITP:EDST7, MCSA W7, Citrix CCA, ITIL Foundation
    WIP: Nada
  2. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Wha ? :eek: Nobody mentioned hard work :ohmy

Cheers all

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  3. Arroryn

Arroryn we're all dooooooomed Moderator

Whilst the whys and wherefores of the merits of different courses and universities is doubtless a fascinating topic, it can be taken elsewhere. :thumbleft

Let's keep this thread to congratulationg UKD and the fantastic achievements of:

1. An unconditional study offer
    2. A first year free unconditional study offer
    3. A first year free unconditional study offer for a Masters Degree
    4. Being one of the most passionate and enthusiastic advocates of personal and professional advancement within the IT industry that I know.

UKD - I'll definitely raise a glass to you at the GTG next week :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, 70-410, 70-411
    WIP: Modern Languages BA
  4. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Nice one!

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  5. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Cheers m'dear ! I can't do overnight stops and whilst still jobhunting can't really justify a £76 rail return from Poole for a few hours much as I would like to !

I'll make it to one of these as soon as I'm back in work tho' :biggrin

6. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Pah lightweight :twisted:

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  7. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

Congrats and well done, up and onwards now:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  8. vgarg

vgarg Nibble Poster

Congrats

I did my part time HNC Business Computing at Solent (completed it in May this year) and IT IS A SUPERB UNI.

The lecturers were very good and helpful. When you start the uni you will be given a Uni student card which will also be your library card. The numbers on the back of the card will be your student number.

You will be introduced to MyCourse which is all the details about your lectures/modules and the lecture notes.

Also if you are in the main building site (not the High Street) it is advisable to avoid the lifts because they take ages to come!!

Certifications: ECDL;CIW;HNC Business Computing
    WIP: A+;MCDST;N+;Bsc Computing
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Not before I get my $1!!! 8)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  10. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Start another thread :p

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Services have already been provided, mate. :p

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Back on topic .....:biggrin

Just had all my stuff thru' ready for the start including a full first week for induction/enrolment :eek:

Should be fun :p Wonder if I'll be the oldest on the course ?! (I was when I did my degree at 24 !)

More good news today .... had to have an interview before I can also start a PTLLS course (Preparing to Teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector - that's why it's PTLLS for short !) and passed that so it starts in two weeks same as the MSc (which is only p/t after induction).

Hopefully then, the next couple of months will get me well back into study mode :biggrin

Gonna miss the 23rd tho' as I'm in London for BCS Member Groups Convention hearing more about the Transformation which kicks off on the 18th.

13. MLP

MLP Kilobyte Poster

Hi

The preparing to teach course sounds interesting. All the best with it, good luck.

Maria

Certifications: HND Computing
  14. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Thanks Maria

No doubt I'll have some stories to tell as the coure(s) progress(es) :biggrin

15. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Good luck mate!

Do you think you will get the CCNA and those other MS exams banged out before you start your MSc?

Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  16. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Lol. Still hoping to knock that CCNA off m8 but knee deep in BCS Committee stuff at the moment. I may just go and sit it just before the other courses start just to give it a go. I've done a fair bit of work for it after all :biggrin

As to the MS stuff, hmmn, not so sure I really need it now - may depend on job prospects as I may not want to be getting my hands dirty "technically" and I feel my overview from a manager perspective is probably ok - but watch this space, you never know !