Odd Questions on Trancender..

Discussion in 'Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016' started by Luddym, Jun 25, 2006.

1. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

After completing the fourth and final Mock today (With a wonderful score of 51% - getting better) I was looking over the questions and was surprised to see some Odd questions.

There were a few about Mail Servers, in particular MX and PTR records.

The was one really obscure one about an ISA Server.

There were three on FQDN's, one about FQDN's to IP Resolution asking what needed to be created to ensure an application could resolve the IP addresses of certain computers to their FQDN name. (This involved a reverse lookup zone and PTR by the way.)

There were quite a few on VB scripting, that went completely over my head.

I've checked the Microsoft 70-290 course criteria and none of it seems to be mentioned, has anyone come across these on this exam before? :)

Certifications: VCP,A+, N+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: Christmas Drunkard
  2. _omni_

_omni_ Megabyte Poster

You'll always get some remotely-related-to-the-subject questions. Just read up a little on that stuff, like perhaps the DNS records, to familiarise yourself with it.
    There won't be anything too deep, just random irrelevant questions.

Certifications: MCSE 2003, MCSA:M
  3. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

I believe you get questions like these because you are expected to have knowledge beyond that of the exam objectives. You are expected to know much more about the Server 2003 product and how it works than what you are being tested on.

Questions like these could pop up to prove that you know the product, and not simply the books. - This is my opinion only. 8)

4. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Cooooool, cheers guys. :-)

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

yeah totally agreed.. Lud you might want to dig into Terminal Services too as well as IIS... 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. Luddym

Luddym Megabyte Poster

Cheers Zimb,

I've been studying IIS and Terminal services the last few days, thought I was getting somewhere until all the WebDav questions. :-)

Think Its going to be a long WebDav session tonight. :biggrin