1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NVQ in IT in Manchester?

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by heathbm, May 24, 2012.

1. heathbm

heathbm New Member

Hi i'm about to join the army and everything is going quiet well. But i'm organising a back-up plan if ever I get rejected...
    But i'm looking for an NVQ in IT in Manchester and can't manage to find one, do any of you guys on this forum know a good college that provides one. Thanks!

2. BraderzTheDog

BraderzTheDog Kilobyte Poster

I would suggest looking up QA apprenticeships, its the closest thing you would come to in terms of a NVQ. I completed a similar scheme that got me 2 level 3 quals by city and guilds, (effectively 2 a levels) along with the MUCH more valuable CompTIA A+ & MCTS Windows 7 Config.

Have a google they run all up and down the country, Leeds & Sheffield so im guessing there will be one in Manchester...

If push comes to shove I would recommend Zenos who do a similar scheme. They do have branch in Manchester and I have attended the one in Sheffield. Overall excellent, however the time frame in which you have to complete the whole scheme including A+ & MCTS is about 5 months. Its very intense.

Regards,
    Brad.

Certifications: CCNA R&S, CCNA-SEC, CCSA, JNCIA FWV, MCITP, MCTS, MTA, A+