1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

nVidia - 3D help - URGENT

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jakamoko, Jan 18, 2004.

1. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi All,

Just got a call from my bro - he's just bought the latest LOTR game for the kids, but it's a no-go - say's he doesn't have the latest DirectX 3D capabilities to run it.

Checked his h/w - running a nVidia Riva TNT2 Model 64 (dxdiag reports it does NOT have 3D functionality). I've sent him to get latest drivers for it - anyone know if this will help ?

Also, if not, then can you offer some advice on starting prices for a decent 3D gfx card ?

Replies ASAP, and thanx in advance :thumbleft

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  2. Phil
    Honorary Member

Phil Gigabyte Poster

The Riva TNT2 is getting on a bit now and if the drivers do work will the performance be up to much ? I can't remember if the TNT2 is a PCI card, is the rest of the kit the same age as the grfx card ? if so does it have an AGP slot ?

I'm not well up on the prices for graphics cards but Scans Today Only has an XFX 128Mb GeForceFX 5200 AGP 8x TV for £43.77 inc this weekend, which seems pretty reasonable

Certifications: MCSE:M & S MCSA:M CCNA CNA
    WIP: 2003 Upgrade, CCNA Upgrade
  3. Nelix
    Honorary Member

Nelix Gigabyte Poster

@Phil, I Believe that this particular card is AGP

@Gav, Click here to download the install file I told you about, I think this is the right one.

Certifications: A+, 70-210, 70-290, 70-291
    WIP: 70-294
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Thanks for those, Guys :)

Yup, it's an AGP card, and my bro has (or should have by now) downloaded the drivers for it.

Just a matter of seeing if the card is actually up to the job, as you say, Phil.

Oh well, if not, then I've told him I'll drop a new card in for him if he fronts the $$$$

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity