1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Numpty Q's - I know I know, search, BUT

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by hiltz, Oct 24, 2010.

1. hiltz

hiltz New Member

Ok so first post, found this website through google and thought I would ask a few stupid questions, all of which have probably been asked before but ah, if anyone can/wants to help that would be great.

MCDST - I'm going to do the exams. How hard are they? I know I have till march, I want to take them in the next month or so...

Where do I register for them. I think I don't have to have done an actual course, I just need to know my stuff to pass the exam and this can be done at my leisure. Correct?

What do the exams cost me and where/how do I do them?

What are the best resources to use to study for the exams. Is there any books/websites that are better than others?

how to/how hard is it to upgrade to Windows 7 equivalent?

Thanks! Hiltz
  2. TheITCrowd

TheITCrowd Kilobyte Poster

You need to create an account at:

This is who you take exams with, various locations

For exam info go here:

for cost / offers go here:

You do not need to do a course self study is the way to go :biggrin

Certifications: Network + |CCNA |MCTS-70-680,MCTS-70-401, MCTS-70-656, MCTS-70-351 |HP AIS ProCurve Networking -2011 | HP2-896 |VCD-CP27|JNCIA |Hewlett Packard ASE - Network Infrastructure (2011)
    WIP: 642-813
  3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

Are they hard?
    Well, it depends on your level of skills and experience.
    If you're a competant XP professional, you should be OK with a bit of reading. If you aint, it'll be tough.
    Don't forget though that it's all about how MS thinks you should do things - so just being able to do stuff isn't always enough.
    Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD