1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Now to get started!

Discussion in 'A+' started by Stupendous Man, Sep 6, 2005.

1. Stupendous Man

Stupendous Man Bit Poster

Thanks for the welcome everyone! I have ordered meyers all in one A+ book and actually cant wait to get started!

at almost 1200 pages I hope this book is quite comprehensive and apart from some practice exams I am hoping this will suffice for my stuying for the exam. I am already comfortable buiding machines and problem solving so do you think I would need any more materials?

Also, I have been looking at some practice questions and getting about 80% but need to learn more about mobos, memory adressing, processors (although I did remember the IRQ for soundblasters from my old gaming days!)

Am I best to buy a book of practice questions when that time comes, or just trawl the net?
    Certifications: Lunatic
    WIP: A+
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

As far as practice questions go, it's better to buy them or mock testing software from a reliable vendor rather than search the web for them. There are quite a number of braindump sites out there you might stumble across and their information is particularly unreliable. Money spent on good material is an investment in your future. Good luck.

EDIT: An while I'm a big fan of Stupendous Man, I rather prefer Spaceman Spiff. :tongue

Certifications: A+ and Network+