Now nhl.com serving up malware through banner ads

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by zebulebu, Nov 6, 2007.

1. zebulebu

zebulebu Terabyte Poster

Damn. It was bad enough when I couldn't get onto mlb.com without having to close my damn browser down instead of accepting malware. Now, as well as that STILL not being fixed - weeks after first reporting it - nhl.com is affected by a similar scam. It seems to me like a banner ad somewhere has been compromised and, somehow, it is being served up by both mlb.com and nhl.com.

Its not the end of the world for me, hockey-wise, as I can still go to a number of other sites & blogs for my daily hockey 'fix', but you would think someone would have done something about it by now. I mean, they all redirect to the same damn Honduran IP address that has for months been hosting blessedads.com, adtraff.com, malware-scanner.com and god knows how many other malware domains. I'm starting to get really pissed at the blase attitude the admins of large sites have to this sort of thing - part of me secretly hopes someone gets infected and starts suing their arses - THAT would focus attention on the problem.

Certifications: A few
    WIP: None - f*** 'em
  2. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

...that person could be you.... :disguise:evil