Not exactly a new member.

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Ozzie, May 13, 2008.

1. Ozzie

Ozzie Nibble Poster

hi guy's, hope everyone is keeping well.

i've not posted for ages & ages. i've been slacking lately. sorry, not the kind of thing you want to hear on cf. it's not my fault, it was the game. :twisted:
    & what's this tucked under my desk, oh... it's my A+ gear!

i needed a rest from studying, as it's kind of new to me. & some time to think.

i love computers & the internet, and how they work. i'm just chewing on the amount of study time involved in an IT career. do i really love it that much. will i really love it that much.

i'm getting back into the rythme today. but i fear it could be in vain. i must pace myself. i have studied before, i can do it again. luck has nothing to do with it.

WIP: CompTIA A+
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Welcome back :)

It took me a while to get into studying again, since I hadn't done so since 99, find a pace which suits you then you will get back into it again.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

welcome back

NB

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
    WIP: MCSA
  4. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome back. :)

Yep, that is the question you must ask yourself before committing to an IT career: do you love it enough? Personally, I believe that if you HAVE to ask, IT is not the career for you. Most techs who succeed in IT don't have to hesitate before answering, because they live, breathe, and love IT.

I'm not saying that you CAN'T succeed if you don't love it. I am simply saying that it will be far less likely that you will succeed if you don't love it only because you will generally be outworked and surpassed by those who get done with their day job and then go geek out playing with their home network for the sheer enjoyment of it. Thus, their studying comes rather naturally.

In any case, I am certain you will make the best decision for you. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  5. Ozzie

Ozzie Nibble Poster

Thanks guy's:)

WIP: CompTIA A+
  6. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Welcome back mate.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff