No television for a week/what happened to comedy

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by flex22, Aug 7, 2003.

1. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

I just realised that I haven't watched television in a whole week.

It's probably due to this glorious weather more then anything.

The internet used to be some mysterious thing to me a couple of years ago and now you can't keep me off it, so that cuts down on telly hours also.

Hasn't British TV gone so rubbish.I thought I'd raise this point after somebody mentioning how good Monty Python used to be.
    Even though Monty Python was airing before I was born, it's still hilarious to me.That is a great mark of comedy.
    Just look at 'Laurel and Hardy' films made 70 odd years ago, they still get me in fits of laughter.

British TV throws up some gems, usually some excellent Attenborough wildlife documentary series.I also like programs such as Horizon and Timewatch.
    Comedy gems recently include 'Bo Selecta' and 'The League Of Gentlemen'. You may not agree but I love those shows.

Of course they put Bo Selecta on on a Friday night at 11.40 because all the kiddies should be in bed by them (yeah right, how out of touch are some people).

I'm glad I'm watching less TV but when I do put the TV on I want to be able to have a right old laugh, where's all the comedy gone.

What's your opinion of TV at present.

Non-UK members please give me your opinion of what your TV shows are like also.

Maybe you all have sky and never watch terrestial TV.

PS: Your more than welcome to hijack this thread to talk about Monty Python Luton, I love it all.

Knight 1: I've chopped your arm off.
    Knight 2: Tis but a scratch.

2. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I could happily exist without a TV in the house, but not my wireless (that's a radio, people !) or PC !

Must agree about Python and the classics, tho ... I once mentioned elsewhere my thoughts (for UK folks) on Chewin' the Fat - a Scottish piece of comedy GENIUS, and it's successor Still Game, but the silence following that post spake volumes....... :oops:

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  3. flex22

flex22 Gigabyte Poster

Peter Kaye is back on tonight---COMEDY LIVES :D :lol: :lol: :lol: