No replies

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by vgarg, Aug 9, 2008.

1. vgarg

vgarg Nibble Poster

Hi

I've been applying and sending my CV everywhere in the last few weeks. However I have not heard a single thing back not even acknowledgement. Nada Nothing.

I have applied at

Monster
    CW Jobs
    Total Jobs
    Reed
    Adecco
    Gumtree
    Local job paper
    and loads and loads more.

Certifications: ECDL;CIW;HNC Business Computing
    WIP: A+;MCDST;N+;Bsc Computing
  2. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Well, chin up and keep plugging away.. you need to be persistent and not be disheartened. your turn will come.

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  3. Mr.Cheeks

Mr.Cheeks 1st ever Gold Member! Gold Member

Recuitment agenices have that many replies to adverts, its not worth while emailing/posting a letter to each individual that has responded to their advert. Generally, private companies do send a courtious email/letter.

Other than that, keep on trying and good luck

4. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

I agree with Cheecks, usually companies collect a number of cv's before they make any calls. No body knows who long, it's different with every company. Just keep applying, the more you apply the more chances you have of getting a call.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  5. grim

grim Gigabyte Poster

you have to be persisstant, keep applying for those jobs and being active of the job sites and you'll get agencies phoning you. although CV and the type of jobs you're applying for is crucial

Grim

Certifications: Bsc, 70-270, 70-290, 70-291, 70-293, 70-294, 70-298, 70-299, 70-620, 70-649, 70-680
    WIP: 70-646, 70-640
  6. kevicho

kevicho Gigabyte Poster

Check out the writing the killer CV thread Here

A good CV will get you to interviews, then google for interview techniques and advice on what to say and ask at interviews.

Also just basically get your CV to as many agencies, also you could do some research into local companies who may be looking for staff, write them a letter and see how that goes.

Certifications: A+, Net+, MCSA Server 2003, 2008, Windows XP & 7 , ITIL V3 Foundation
    WIP: CCNA Renewal
  7. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Don't worry about not getting any replies from just a few weeks. It took me 5 years to get into the IT field and within that time, out of the many hundreds of applications forms/CV's I sent out, I only get a very small fraction of reply letters.

Don't be dis-heartened, just keep on... You're time will come :)

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  8. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

It's been 3 months for me and I'm still searching/applying so don't give up ! As others have said, tweak your CV, resubmit it to sites after each change.

Useful to chat to some agencies if you're applying for a particular job type and not getting anywhere - Hays have been useful to chat to for me, gave some good pointers and details about local job market.

Just keep plugging away !

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  9. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

It takes time I didn't think it would take this long

i.e I sent my application back in July, I got a call from the Agent last Tuesday had interview this Thursday.
    I did think the agent would be looking and reading application every day so why so long!

I probably not the best to advise still not working :cry:
    But I have started to call agencies up next day after sending application, Asking about my application or when deadline is also that way your name will stick in the agent head, when they come to look at all the application.

10. onoski

onoski Terabyte Poster

I understand your dilemma but don't let it get to you much but keep being persistent and something would come your way. Best wishes and cheerio:)

Certifications: MCSE: 2003, MCSA: 2003 Messaging, MCP, HNC BIT, ITIL Fdn V3, SDI Fdn, VCP 4 & VCP 5
    WIP: MCTS:70-236, PowerShell
  11. JonGlory

JonGlory Byte Poster

Make sure you write a cracking cover letter, imo it is just as important as a CV. Dont fall into the trap of using a job wesites default. I was the same for months, sending my cv away with no replies, then one day i took my time to write a half decent cover letter, and got an interview a couple of days later (got the job btw).

WIP: LIFE