No motivation

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by michael78, Jan 8, 2008.

1. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Guys sorry ainto been arround for a while. I'm trying to get motivated to complete my MCSA 70-291 exam but have so far put the exam back 3 times :oops:. The missus and me have just had a minnie me who is keeping us awake at night so that doesn't help either.

Anyone got any tips on getting motivated again as at the moment I really can't be bothered to get into exam mode eventhough I've paid for the exam :blink.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  2. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

vow to drown a puppy every time you put the exam back, or fail. That would probably work. :biggrin

I can imagine how you feel to be honest. And the nipper certainly wont be helping.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  3. Mathematix

Mathematix Megabyte Poster

Not sure about your situation, but when I had a little one all career plans had to be put back until she got a little older.

Get used to minnie me being around first, then plan to take the exam. Use these spare moments to cram in extra info in preparation. :)

Congrats, btw! :biggrin

Certifications: BSc(Hons) Comp Sci, BCS Award of Merit
    WIP: Not doing certs. Computer geek.
  4. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

Putting back exams I keep marking the calender a date going to site exam, It just adds more pressure! there not point sitting an exam if your not ready.

Myself I watch some CBTNuggets when tried or as you say can't be bothered, don't have to think to much, makes note then next day try subject them out in a lab.

So as lack of sleep I go for videos or bed time story Self-Paced Training Kit Exam 70-291 :biggrin

5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Put away the books and stop studying for awhile. Everyone gets burned out periodically. Do other things that are completely unrelated to your IT studies. When you find that the books are calling to you, you'll be ready.

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  6. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Yeah, scuba diving disappeared off my radar screen when my eldest (now 5 1/2) was born. :D

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  7. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Cheers guys for the replies. I suppose life does take over and also I think part of the problem (Bit strange saying this) is that my wage has went up a lot over the years and I feel less need to do certs which is a shame as I really enjoy doing them and learning. I think I'm going to give it a go as I really do want my MCSA then I think I'll leave the study off for a year and do other things or maybe change direction a little into the world of Prince2 or Linux. Anyways I hope to get back to the forums and start posting again as I haven't been on for a while :biggrin.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011