No more procrastination

Discussion in 'A+' started by supernova, May 18, 2008.

1. supernova

supernova Gigabyte Poster

I have had all the materials for several week now and done nothing... apart from ordering street guide IT tech to revise 602.

Mainly because i have been more worried about getting a job and getting stressed out about that.

Anyway, starting tomorrow i am going to study hard and get the A+ out the way ASAP.

I am aiming for 2-3 weeks then 601, then 602 about a week later.

That not taking into account any postage/booking delays.

I watched the CB Nuggets material with a friend at the weekend i pretty much know my weaknesses.
    So it will be a quick read through Meyers, then making tables and flash cards for my weak areas and then loads of practice tests (that i have been collecting (rather still collecting) online) before I get the good stuff from advent.... then the dreaded booking :-)

... focus!! ..... I am sure i am not the only person who has this problem

AndiC

Certifications: Loads
    WIP: Lots
  2. Sparky
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Sparky Zettabyte Poster Moderator

Sounds like a plan :biggrin

Certifications: MSc MCSE MCSA:M MCSA:S MCITP:EA MCTS(x5) MS-900 AZ-900 Security+ Network+ A+
    WIP: Microsoft Certs
  3. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

good luck :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  4. supernova

Cheers

i got some part-time bookkeeping work that i can do from home.

so I reckon i can spend about 3-5 hours a day on the A+ if I need to.

AC

5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

If you're collecting practice tests online, then you've likely got a bunch of braindumps. You might want to ensure those are clean before using them... if that sort of thing matters to you.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  6. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

I thought Advent provided the study material for A+ and how to sit exams??:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  7. Rafek

Rafek Kilobyte Poster

Good luck, dont feel you have to take the test if you dont think your ready! plan for your targets but if you need more time to full grasp a concept then I'd recommed taking an extra weeks or so.

All the best

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: IPT/IPCC stuff
  8. Finkenstein

Finkenstein Kilobyte Poster

I'm one of the worst procrastinators ever. I've been studying for 70-290 since 2005... seriously. :) Once I take ICND1, I'll be taking this test... finally.

... at least I hope. :)

Certifications: MCP, Network+, CCENT, ITIL v3
    WIP: 640-822
  9. supernova

Yes they do, i'm reading it along side the Meyers book, for 601 the Meyers is better as a first read.
    The advent book is very detailed, not for noobies in my opinion.

My friend had nuggets so we watch it, using it as a outline. In fact we picked up on one or two things in the Meyers which are'nt quite correct eg double sided memory.

They do you still have to book it through them, otherwise how would they know when your available etc :D

Andi

10. supernova

I been putting them through cerguard, a site i did'nt know about until i joined this site. :)

I would like the moderators of this forum to maybe make a static read only thread, to list such tested sites.
    That would be ready useful

no matter who or what you use you can never get enough practice exams / questions.

Andrew

11. BosonMichael

Why? Certguard already offers that feature. And we certainly wouldn't want to provide a centralized list of braindumps... that would just make it easier for people to find them and use them!

I strongly disagree. Poor questions can sometimes be worse than no questions at all.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  12. GiddyG

GiddyG Terabyte Poster Gold Member

I think he means kosher sites, as opposed to the BD ones...

13. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Might I also suggest looking on youtube, you find all sorts of training videos on there! I think GBL did a thread on it??:blink

Anyway, good luck with the exam mate:thumbleft

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  14. supernova

I think you missed the point! A moderated safe list. To make it easier for people to find non brain dumps.

Certguard doesnt offer this service the sites are not categorised. You could have a list of A+ here.

which is why i suggested the above.

Andi

15. BosonMichael

Just because a site is legit doesn't make the questions worthwhile. I've seen poor training offered by legit sites.

16. supernova

Okay.. After certguard and manual reviewing there are no good sites on the internet ... okay .. stupid idea ... forget it :D

Andi

17. BosonMichael

No, not a stupid idea... but if there are a few *really good* training resources (that are already heavily recommended), why waste time with the mediocre ones? ;)

18. dino66uk

dino66uk Nibble Poster

So what your trying to say that certguard isnt very good?? Because im currently revising for my 601 essentials with certguard. :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+ CCENT
    WIP: ICND 2
  19. BosonMichael

Umm... that'd be a good trick! Certguard doesn't provide training materials... Certguard merely indicates whether sites are legit or provide braindumps.