No internet access

Discussion in 'Wireless' started by bob667, Jan 12, 2006.

1. bob667

bob667 Nibble Poster

Ok here's the gist of it then. Stepdad's got a centrino laptop, it's connected to the router ok far as i can tell, packets being sent and received, but when he goes to use IE it says connecting to site 1.0.0.0 and cannot find the page, he's running mcaffee firewall could be causing a conflict you think? EDIT on the firewall that is :biggrin

Certifications: None!
    WIP: A+, 70-270
  2. bob667

bob667 Nibble Poster

Got a bit more info out of him, seems to think problems started when he installed mcaffee so i'll get him to uninstall that and go from there, i'll come back if there's anymore problems tho

Certifications: None!
    WIP: A+, 70-270
  3. eyeball

eyeball Nibble Poster

From a tech's point of view, are these problems not the best, where people fix it themselves ;)

I would of said mcafee.

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCSA
    WIP: CCNA, MCSE+security
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

I'd clarify that statement slightly, eyeball - a properly-worded description of the problem from the user is often the easiest way to fix an issue like this.

IMHO :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

Is that the actual IP address IE is trying to connect to or did you make it up by way of illustration?

You might want to check the proxy settings in IE. Tools > Internet Options > Connections tab > Lan Settings button and untick use a proxy server and tick automatically detect settings.

Possibly McAfee has put entries in there :rolleyes:

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  6. eyeball

eyeball Nibble Poster

Let me clarify....

While at work I have about 12 hours work to fit in each day, we are very busy and most issues are complex. Therefore any issue I do not have to go and work on is best, then having full information, then Ghost! :)

Certifications: A+, Network +, MCSA
    WIP: CCNA, MCSE+security