*nix tips and tricks

Discussion in 'Linux / Unix Discussion' started by ffreeloader, Oct 3, 2005.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

While surfing around on a site I use for checking line congestion, running simple security probes, download speeds, etc... I ran across the following thread in a forum devoted to all things Uinux. It's a thread in which some very knowledgable *nix people give some of their favorite tips on everyday, and some not so everyday, tools and tricks.

Here is the the thread.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

cant get that link to work freddy, just says cannot locate remote server......

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  3. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Kewl find, Freddy. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  4. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Hmmm.... It works for me and seems to have worked for trip too. Enter www.dslreports.com in your browser address bar and see what happens. Or, try Googling for dslreports. The site should be the first return you get, at least that's what Google returns on this side of the pond.... Once you get there click on the "forums" link on the left side of the page and then navigate your way to "All things Unix". The thread is a sticky at the top of the forum.

It's a thread something like 12 pages long. It's a pretty cool resource.

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  5. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

hahaha! did what you suggested and found it then just out of curiosity tried the first link and it worked! :dunce

anyway, great find freddy.

im going to install ubuntu on my second pc to have a good play with as i liked the live cd trial, so things like this will be helpful.

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+