NITLC any good

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by cgsalt, Oct 5, 2005.

1. cgsalt

cgsalt New Member

Hi, I have join you all today. Can anyone tell me if the NITLC are any good. I am totally new to computers, ie know basics. I am 39 but really want to get a good career. Anyone with any advice please reply. Thanks

2. baileyphil

baileyphil New Member

Hi Their cgsalt

Ive been with NITLC for 1yr now doing my mcse course, ive never had any problems and after just 5 months i was working as a it desktop support assistant, ive so far done A+ N+ and am currently doing my first MCP, their really good and the student website is great for chatting to other members, you also get to go on workshops in Newark at the A+ N+ stages which really help with the exams

If you have any other questions just pm me

Hope this is of some use

P

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: MCSA
  3. iank

iank Bit Poster

Hi there, hard to say, it depends on what method of learning you prefer. I cant learn from books and find cd roms better. Also I was told that there courses look really good as in value for money, but there impossible to complete. I asked that question about there TSE course from the advice of a learning provider and they never got back to me with an answer. I have ben looking for a training company now for ages, but have my doubts about them all so far.

4. iank

iank Bit Poster

BailyPhil has been on course for 5 months, passed A+, N+ got job already, yet joined group yesterday to post all positive things. Mmmm

5. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

erm...to be fair mate this is the first time he's mentioned the company, hardly the m.o of a spammer if that's what you're implying and if not, im sorry.

anyway, :offtopic

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  6. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Agreed, moominboy. Let's all try to get along and think the best of each other until we are actually given a reason to do otherwise. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  7. iank

iank Bit Poster

Yes soz about that, should have kept my thoughts to myself really unless i was absolutely sure.

I have posted this before under the Computeach heading, but always check training providers cancellation periods, make sure its 14 days and not 7, it will give you a chance to try before you buy really. Thats what I am now thinking of doing, I will keep you posted.

cheers

8. Baba O'Riley

Baba O'Riley Gigabyte Poster

Hey , iank, tone down the cynicism a bit or you'll go through life not even trusting your own mother :wink:!

For my part, cgsalt, I've been with NITLC for about three months and ploughing through the A+. I thought the first module of course materials, although not leading to anything recognised, are well layed out and ideal for noobs. The A+ material is the Mike Meyers book and CDROM (with practice exams on) which pretty much everyone here agrees is the best A+ book around.

Course materials are delivered promptly, they have a great website and easy to use online assessments (no waiting for the post) and, although I've only contacted the tutors twice (once by email and once on the phone, and neither time was it about course material directly) they're very helpful and quick to reply.

On the downside, it's a lot of dollar so you'd better be sure that's what you want to do, and as iank pointed out, you really have to slog to do the full course in two years. Although, I've been told by the tutors that they will grant free extenions in many circumstances - I suppose if they feel you've put enough work in. If not they'll charge you for it.

Whatever you decide, good luck and the bods here are really helpful if you ever need any advice.

Baba.

Certifications: A+, Network+
    WIP: 70-270
  9. baileyphil

baileyphil New Member

LOL dont feel their was any need for that iank

Not as if i started the thread myself is it, didnt know you couldnt post untill you had hit 100 posts :D

Well i guess ill leave this subject then hey !

Not the greatest of starts hey, nice to be welcomed though guys :rolleyes:

Certifications: A+, N+
    WIP: MCSA
  10. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hey baileyphil,

Please don't be put off by an individual Member's comments - the comments above were in no way representative of those you should expect on a daily basis here at CertForums. We are a friendly, positive and constructive Community, here to help others and accept help where sought.

Stick around, my ffriend :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  11. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

have you seen jerry springer?

wouldn't blame some people..... :D

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  12. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Yeah...but your penguin is holding a bazooka. That's enough to make you feel a *little* nervous, don't you think?

:tongue

jk

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  13. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Come on Guys - serious question was asked (a while back) :offtopic

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity