Nice extension for OpenOffice Writer

Discussion in 'Software' started by ffreeloader, Apr 23, 2008.

1. ffreeloader

ffreeloader Terabyte Poster

Just found a nice OO extension today. It's called Writer's Tools and is group of extensions for writers, by writers, to make a writer's work easier.

You can find info about it, and a download link at the link below.

http://code.google.com/p/writertools/

Certifications: MCSE, MCDBA, CCNA, A+
    WIP: LPIC 1
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Freddy, do you know off-hand whether OO has the ability to track and accept/reject changes to a document?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. ffreeloader

Are you talking about document security? What? I'm not sure I even know exactly what you're talking about.

4. BosonMichael

I write a document, then Josh edits it, making changes to my document. I get the document back from him and accept or reject the changes he made. This functionality is currently available in ((Microsoft)) Word with the Track Changes feature. Does OO have something like that?

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
  5. ffreeloader

Yes. I've never used them, but under the edit menu there is a Changes option, and under that option several others: Record, Protect Record, Show, Accept or Reject, and merge document.

6. BosonMichael

Cool - thanks for the info! That's helpful to know, should I ever need it in a pinch. :)