Next generation Microsoft certs.

Discussion in 'Training & Development' started by natkay2603, Sep 15, 2008.

1. natkay2603

natkay2603 Bit Poster

Hi,
    I am currently working towards becoming a MCSE ( which i will be working towards for the next year or so). But i have been looking at the next generation of certs, Will you be able to do an upgrade from MCSE to this? Will the MCSE become less desirable as the next gen become more popular?

Thanks in advance.

2. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

Yes you will be able to upgrade but keeping in mind the MCSE wont exist anymore being replaced by enterprise admin and server admin these are your options:

http://www.microsoft.com/learning/mcp/mcts/windowsserver/2008/transition/default.mspx

and it seems the MCSE will be good for a another 5-7 years cause people dont always change to the newest server OS so quickly because of the costs involved so its still something worth pursing! 8)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  3. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

#

Yes, if you're a MCSA, you will have to do 2 exams to upgrade. If you're a MCSE, you will have to do 3 exams to upgrade.

Microsoft cert are technology and version based, for example the MCSE 2003 is geared up towards the MS 2003 server/client technology and implementing that technology. The MCITP: EA/SA is geared up towards MS 2008 server/client technology and the implementation of the technology. What is more desirable to a company is what software/technology they are running.

Like it's already been stated, Win2k3 is here and will be here for a while to come. In fact our ISP have only just move over from NT4 this year....

-Ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  4. natkay2603

natkay2603 Bit Poster

Thanks guys.

5. natkay2603

natkay2603 Bit Poster