Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by PostalVote, May 26, 2005.

1. PostalVote

PostalVote New Member

Hello, new user, first post.

Drawn here by my research into joining Computeach.

Interested in doing the MCDBA course. The guy has already been and I am tempted. Hopefully I might find the answers I need in here.

The Computeach guy has explained who computeach are and how I can fund the course etc. What I didn't learn, was what I would learn and how useful it would be to me. How many potential employers there are, and what I would actually do. Most of the databases I have used at work have been very old command line driven systems which predate windows, so I'd be interested to learn how much value a MS course would give me.

I have many other questions. :blink

Certifications: Nun
    WIP: Exploring Options
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings PostalVote. Welcome to CertForums. I can't help you with your decision regarding which training provider to sign with but I thought I'd drop by to say "hi". Cheers. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Hi there m8 ad welcome to the Forum.

Have a little search in the forums for Computeach and you'll find loads od opinions and advice

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi and welcome PostalVote. Not much help from me either, I'm afraid. Have a look at the Training & Development Forum, and also Microsft Forums here as well - should hopefully give you a few more answers and opinions :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. Tyler D

Tyler D Gigabyte Poster

Greetings postalvote :biggrin

Certifications: A+,70-270
    WIP: 70-290
  6. PostalVote

PostalVote New Member

Thanks for the replies chaps. It is an awful lot of money, and I don't feel too confident about the Job market at the end of it, or my ability to secure a place within it.

For now, I'll keep my ear to the ground and see what else is available. I don't know enough to make a decision, so I'll postpone it for now.

I'll keep you posted.

Regards
    Mike :apl

Certifications: Nun
    WIP: Exploring Options
  7. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685