newbie welcome

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by mrmuesli, Jul 22, 2009.

1. mrmuesli

mrmuesli Bit Poster

hello there

found your forum searching for info on the Chartered Application Process for BCS. I work in IT for Lloyds Banking Group (ex-HBOS)- i have been busy cross skilling myself for the last 12 months or so whilst waiting to see if im axed. Worked in IT here for the last 5 years, before that I was a trainee accountant at PwC and Accenture for a year each

In the last 12 months i have been pretty focussed and have self studied and passed the ISEB BA Diploma (4 modules + an oral exam), Prince2 to practitioner, MSP to practitioner, MoR to foundation and P3O to foundation. I recently applied for and got my ISEB Professional Award and am now focussing on my CITP application per above

Thanks to Ken for his response to my post yesterday i'm already finding this forum v helpful

Certifications: see auto sig
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. JK2447
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

JK2447 Petabyte Poster Administrator Premium Member

Welcome! I've got an online interview sometime in August for my CITP. Let you know how I get on, Jim

Certifications: VCP4, 5, 6, 6.5, 6.7, 7, 8, VCAP DCV Design, VMConAWS Skill, Google Cloud Digital Leader, BSc (Hons), HND IT, HND Computing, ITIL-F, MBCS CITP, MCP (270,290,291,293,294,298,299,410,411,412) MCTS (401,620,624,652) MCSA:Security, MCSE: Security, Security+, CPTS, CCA (XenApp6.5), MCSA 2012, VSP, VTSP
    WIP: Google Cloud Certs
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums ! :biggrin

Good that you're going for your Chartered status - are you already MBCS ?

Where are you based ? It would be worth your while making contact with your local branch.

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. mrmuesli

mrmuesli Bit Poster

thanks people

to jk2447 - good luck for August. I didn't know they did online interviews.

to UKDarkstar - im based out of Halifax. I am already an MBCS (joined in May as membership is one of the pre-requisites for the ISEB Professional Award)

6. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

Well, your Branch would seem to be West Yorkshire (if I've got my geography right) and they can be found at : http://www.westyorkshire.bcs.org/

I have also checked on LinkedIn but there only appears to be a dedicated Group for South Yorks on that (probably nothing to stop you joining).

I'd suggest making yourself known to the committee and trying to get along to some meetings. The networking aspect can be particularly useful especially if you have job concerns at the moment.

CITP is changing soon but one aspect that as been publicised is more assessors (made up from the Membership) plus the use of online assessments. As long as you're clear on the SFIAplus Level 5 objectives and can clearly realte that to your work then you've nothing to worry about. Good luck !

7. mrmuesli

mrmuesli Bit Poster

Thanks for this and your other advice. Re: CITP is there a release date for the new CITP ? Is it part of the wider September refresh ? Do you know if there are any plans to make it link to the ISEB Qualifications ?

In terms of proving SFIA evidence I hope I have covered it off from a work examples perspective, from an educational perspective I put a qualifications table into my application CV where I mapped all my ISEB qualifications to SFIA skillsets using the list published on their website here
    http://www.bcs.org/upload/pdf/sfiaiseb.pdf

8. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum. :biggrin

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685
  9. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

It's not a "new" CITP, more of a refocusing and yes, all part of the changes to come from September.

I've attached the requirements again (current ones) and remember you have to be able to demonstrate you meet at least Level 5.

View attachment 1592

10. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  11. Ence

Ence Kilobyte Poster

Hello