Newbie - Please give some advice

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by bkmfred, Aug 27, 2007.

1. bkmfred

bkmfred New Member

Hi to all fellow members-
    I'm about to embark on the microsoft certified course journey and I'm unsure which course to choose.
    I'm in full time work but am looking to gain MOS (Master) or MCAP to enable me to teach applications part time. (I've just finished JEB Diploma in Teaching ICT)
    I have office XP at home and liked the idea of doing the Office XP master cert but have just seen that this 2007 MCAS(P) is available.
    In your experienced opinions would this XP cert be seen as outdated in the next 5 yrs or so ?
    Would you advise upgrading to office 2007 and doing the MCAP instead of MOS ?
    I've searched the net and cant seem to find exactly what must be done to get the MCAP. Is this the same as Master, i.e. will
    training centres accept this as suitable for teaching ?

Thanks for any advice - also I've seen Office XP Core,Expert,Master course materials for £350.
    Is this a decent price ?

sorry for the loads of questions but i need to make up me mind and get started. Thanks again !

2. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi and welcome to CF :)

OK on to your question...

If you haven't started any track yet, then I would recommend doing the MCAS track. Currently there is no info on the MCAP track yet as it will only go into beta next month.

The MOS has the Expert/Master, etc level, this is done away with the new MCAS/MCAP track. In order to become a certified trainer with the XP/2003 route you had to become a Microsoft Office Instructor, however now MS has integrated the MCAS/MCAP with the Professional series, so you have to qualify for the MCT status.

As for the price of the training material, it's ok there are alot of cheaper material out there, but then again there are alot more expensive material out there.

Good luck with your studies and remember any other questions, this forums here to help.

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  3. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

Greetings and welcome to CF:biggrin

I concur with Ken

The MCAS route is the best step forward at this time although next year it will all change but the it usually does in IT:biggrin

It's such as fast pace environment and bloody expensive to keep upto date with the latest certs.:(

Whatever you choose - good luck!:biggrin

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  4. Bluerinse
    Honorary Member

Bluerinse Exabyte Poster

G'day and welcome to CF 8)

Certifications: C&G Electronics - MCSA (W2K) MCSE (W2K)
  5. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  6. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hey and Welcome to CF!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  7. bkmfred

bkmfred New Member

Thanks for the advice. Looks like I'm gonne have to get my hands on Office 2007 Professional now then for the MCAS.
    Cheers for your help

8. ay5000

ay5000 Bit Poster

please tell us more about the JEB Diploma

Certifications: None
    WIP: A+, ACDT & ACPT
  9. bkmfred

bkmfred New Member

Heres their site
    http://www.jeb.co.uk

Supposedly 2 certificates make the diploma and this qualifies you to teach ICT on a part time basis only

10. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :)

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  11. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Welcome!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  12. MrNerdy

MrNerdy Megabyte Poster

Hello & Welcome.
    I gave up on MOS Expert and did ECDL instead.:D

Certifications: ECDL, CiscoIT1 & A+
    WIP: Girlfriend & Network+
  13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi welcome :D

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270