New Years Eve Plans?

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by tripwire45, Dec 31, 2003.

1. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

My wife works at the local Convention Center so she'll be out until after Midnight tonight. Normally, the kids and I stay home and watch T.V. and play games but this year both David and Michael have been invited out. That leaves my daughter and I home alone to (probably) watch "chick flicks". :eek:

What do you all have planned?

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  2. SimonV
    Honorary Member

SimonV Petabyte Poster Gold Member

For the first time in 10 years I'm staying in the house. Were making our own celebrations with champagne cocktails and Chinese food. mmmmmmmm

Not sure if theres any good movies on the TV but if not I think we'll try and hire something. I'll be warm, dry, comfortable and wont be spending way too much on taxi fares.

Cant wait. :D

Certifications: MOS Master 2003, CompTIA A+, MCSA:M, MCSE
    WIP: Keeping CF Alive...
  3. AJ

AJ 01000001 01100100 01101101 01101001 01101110 Administrator

Sounds like the same for us. In my last job, i was always working New Year Eve either behind the bar or being duty manager. Whilst everybody was have a great time partying, I was staying stone cold sober and never got home until 3ish and then straight to bed :(

It's still a novelty to be not working on these nights so I shall spend it at home with a few beers playing games with the kids (OH and I shall crack open a few tinnies as well, goes without saying :D ).

Happy New Year to you all

AJ

Certifications: MCSE, MCSA (messaging), ITIL Foundation v3
    WIP: Breathing in and out, but not out and in, that's just wrong
  4. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Similar to you Guys, its a quite night with the family, some beers and a glass of wine for later.

We have a tradition that on New Years Day, a whole crowd of us go and climb the local (decent-sized) Loudoun Hill. That clears any cobwebs and no mistake.

Then, we descend into the Local for a "de-brief" :morebeer . After that, its down to some more Friend's for more partying and dinner. Anything after that is rather hazy.

So thats why I'm having a quite one tonight.

A guid Ne'erday tae yin and aw, and lang may yer Lum reek :!:
    :D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  5. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I just know you did that just to mix me up more! :scratch :hhhmmm :confused3 :confused2 :scrambles

6. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

LOL@Trip - would I do that ? It was a genuine offering of good feelings to my fellow Members.

Have a look here for some enlightenment. :lol:

:D

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  7. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

I'll take your word for it, Gav. Happy New Year. :)