New XBOX in 27 days?

Discussion in 'Gamers Hangout' started by Rockerfella, Apr 25, 2013.

1. Rockerfella

Rockerfella Bit Poster

Hi guys.

Ive heard that people are getting an email off Microsoft concerning a huge conference being held in 27 days.. now people are stating this may be like what SONY did a few weeks back and means the new XBOX will be released.

Ive heard it will be called the 720?

Anyone else had this email or know anything about the release ?

2. Gingerdave

Gingerdave Megabyte Poster

If you look at Major Nelsons Blog (Xbox community manager) he says it is about the new console, and then about 2 weeks later it will be E3 where they will talk about the games.

All I can say is about frakking time

the 720 name is been talked about a lot. Doubt it will be though, I think they will just call it Xbox.

Certifications: A+,MCP, MCDST, VCP5 /VCP-DV 5, MCTS AD+ Net Inf 2008, MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  3. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I think this latest battle between Sony and Microsoft will be very interesting. Personally I went PS3 over 360 as I just preferred it overall. Sony seem to have improved the set up on the Playstation with the use of fairly standardized PC based hardware to help developers etc, so will be good to see what Microsoft will put out in response to the early PS4 hardware lineup.

Wonder if they will make it 4k compatible too, that seems to be the newest thing doing the rounds for gaming etc, which Sony are obviously pushing quite hard as they will do the 4k TV's also.

Quite intrigued to see what the 2 will ofer in terms of additional software too, I know Sony have said they will have a market place with potentially every back catalogue game ever released on a Playstation, which will be pretty cool. Wonder if Microsoft will follow suit, that would tempt me as I loved the old NES Zelda games etc! lol.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  4. Gingerdave

I'm much the same. from the early reports it appears the insides of the box is just about identical to the PS4, the main difference being the PS4 having 8GB of DDR5 vs the Xbox's DDR3.

The big thing for me in Sony's announcement was the additional community features, there was some really nice stuff in there, things I would like to see on the new xbox.

However thing that puts me off the PS3 is the controller, it doesn't have weight to it and feels like a toy.

(escaping the fact that any console is a toy but you get what I mean)

5. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Haha, see it was the XBOX controllers that I disliked, just found them uncomfortable to use personally.

The PS3 controllers are quite light, but not too bad as long as you have the dualshock version. The controllers without dualshock are ridiculously light, but I never use them so never bothered me too much. lol.

The new controllers by all accounts will have an extra few bells and whistles, so I suspect they may well be a little heavier in the hand. Wont know until we get to test one in a shop or summin though. :-s

6. Gingerdave

The first Xbox pads were horrible, but the 360 one I found about right.

Realistically either system is stupidly good value and I can't wait to see how the new generation shapes up.

7. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Agreed! Fun times ahead! If we end up on the same side of the fence, I'll give ya a game of summin! ;-)

8. shadowwebs

shadowwebs Megabyte Poster

I bought the first Playstation but then I moved to the xbox and have never come back... I hardly ever play on my 360, but I see no point selling it as there will be a time in the future that I fancy a gaming session... the big thing for me will be whether Microsoft move towards making Xbox Live a free service to compete against rivals. If Microsoft continue charging for Xbox Live then I would be tempted to move back to the Playstation for the free network they have

Certifications: compTIA A+, Apple Certified Technical Coordinator 10.10 (OS X Yosemite, Server and Support)
  9. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

Yeah, the fact they charged always irked me, I thought they had already changed it though so you could play online free with a silver membership or summin but got extra for gold!?! No? Been a long time since I owned a X-Box! Lol.

I had all playstations and the original x-box, just ended up with the PS3 and the 360, and then realised I just never ever played the 360, so sold it. Still play the PS3 regular, just had a bit more for me. Probably helps its a bluray player and I do like my films! Lol.

10. Rockerfella

Rockerfella Bit Poster

Its all rumours at minute.. I heard the controller is going to change. . however then again they said the PS4 would have a projector style gameplay which was aload of chit.

I just want to know when the Kinect 2 is released as i was amazed as to how good the last one was!