1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New User - Hello and my first query!

Discussion in 'General Cisco Certifications' started by J7ody, Jan 10, 2008.

1. J7ody

J7ody New Member

Good Day to all,

Just a quick note to say hello to all, I have had a brief look around and seems to be a great place for some excellent information..... as i am about to find out :D

My company is offering to pay for my CCNA course, however in order to meet their requirements it has to be through a university or college. I have some in my area that offer full Cisco labs and the course to run two evenings a week for a year. I would however prefer to get the qualification sooner rather than later as need it to apply for an internal promotion. I have found a couple of places on the old www that offer the course hands on rather that remote labs and in two weeks which I like, however they are not a college/uni.

Now Middlesex Uni do the course, again with the equipment and in two weeks, but as its a summer class they dont release the dates until april, and i need to put my proposal in for the grant by end of January.

As you can see I am a bit stuck... My Question is this....

Does anyone know of a college/uni offering the course in a short period of time with the full labs available to work in? Location and Cost are not really an issue.

I look forward to any replys and welcome any suggestions.

Thanks again

Jody (Desperate Newby :biggrin)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCTS: 7, MCSA:2003, MCITP: 2008, CCNA, & TigerScheme QSTM
    WIP: CEH, CS3 & HTML5
  2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

HI Welcome

I'm not sure to be honest but I know the open university do CCNA labs, but I would say not to go against what your employers requirements are.

Good Luck with whatever you do.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. J7ody

J7ody New Member

Yeah saw that, not sure I want to do the whole CCNA with just 4 practical sessions and the rest self study?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, MCTS: 7, MCSA:2003, MCITP: 2008, CCNA, & TigerScheme QSTM
    WIP: CEH, CS3 & HTML5