1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New user advice needed

Discussion in 'A+' started by bornwina, Jan 27, 2010.

1. bornwina

bornwina New Member

Hi, I have been considering doing an IT course for some years now and have decided to bite the bullet and apply to my local college to do Comptia A+. I have no formal qualifications in computing but have been a pc and mac user for over 13 years building computers,configuring small networks etc for friends and even small companies. I am wanting to know if Comptia A+ is the right way for me to go or should have i applied to do the HNC followed by the HND in computing first as i have been told these guarantee you're foot in the door with an IT company. Many thanks in advance
  2. dmarsh

dmarsh Terabyte Poster

Sounds like a reasonable plan to me !

If you go for A+ make sure you finish it this year.

A part time qualification would allow you to get an education and a qualification while still earning and getting experience.

Carry on looking for jobs anyway and doing work for small companies where you can.

Best of luck ! :D
    Last edited: Jan 27, 2010
    Certifications: CITP, BSc, HND, SCJP, SCJD, SCWCD, SCBCD, SCEA, N+, Sec+, Proj+, Server+, Linux+, MCTS, MCPD, MCSA, MCITP, CCDH