New Top Gear presenter

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by SimonV, Mar 29, 2015.

1. Coupe2T

Coupe2T Megabyte Poster

I'm not saying it won't hurt them, and they won't be concerned, but they have guaranteed cash coming in every year, no matter what.

So they may have to make other cuts and reduce budgets, but most of what they produce is crap anyway, so they will just produce more crap and carry on with the guaranteed finance they get come in every year.

They are not at risk like a normal company unless the licence fee is scrapped as it's essentially a legal requirement for every household to pay, give or take.

Certifications: ECDL, Does that Count!?!
  2. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Unfortunately not, but you should be.

If the owner of my company threw a punch, I'll see him in court.

See above.

This is of course a special case and entirely irrelevant to the current conversation.

There is no 'bizarre left wing agenda' Clarkson thought he was bigger than Jesus and he kept pushing, the BBC had made it clear to everyone that he was on a final warning and he carried on regardless.

Everyone is expendable, anyone who walks into work on any day of the week thinking otherwise is a fool.

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  3. dmarsh
    Honorary Member 500 Likes Award

dmarsh Petabyte Poster

If you own a private company you are not expendable, you'd have to sack yourself, that was my second point.
    So no not everybody is expendable, that's just your viewpoint.
    Just because your anecdotal experience is that of being expendable, doesn't mean that applies to everyone.

4. LivingDie

LivingDie New Member

I don't like Carlson because of what he did to Tesla, that was really unprofessional. But I must admin that he can be really funny sometimes. I want Mr. Bean as his replacement :-)