New to this forum

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by allblack, Nov 4, 2007.

1. allblack

allblack Bit Poster

Hi to you all my name is wayne and been working in the security and door work now for 14 years :cry: and i need to get out ASAP so it time for me to find my way in to IT.:biggrin I'll be starting with A+ N+ then going for the MCDST, MCSA, -SE in security work 8)

Certifications: in IT none
    WIP: A+, N+, MCDST
  2. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

Welcome to CF - hope you enjoy your studies and your stay here :)

Any questions, just ask us! :D

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293
  3. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

You'll probably want to hold off on the MCSA, MCSE, or security certifications until you build quite a bit of real-world IT experience. :)

Welcome, and best of luck!

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  4. Kitkatninja
    Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

Kitkatninja aka me, myself & I Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)

Yeah, what Boson said :)

-ken

Certifications: MSc, PGDip, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, MBCS CITP, MCP, MCSA, MCSE, MCE, A+, N+, S+, Server+
    WIP: MSc Cyber Security
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Hello and welcome to CF!

I agree with Michael also. Start doing the basic stuff like A+ N+ MCDST and then get some experience and from there you can expand into MCSA/E.

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. asje1

asje1 Byte Poster

Welcome mate, im sure if you have any questions at all in regards to revision materials, training providers (if you choose that route) and general questions, people within this forum got bags of knowledge and can point you in the correct direction.

Best of luck.

Certifications: A+, N+
  7. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome! :biggrin

8. wizard

wizard Petabyte Poster

Hi there and welcome 8)

Certifications: SIA DS Licence
    WIP: A+ 2009
  9. Ozzie

Ozzie Nibble Poster

Hello, & good luck.

WIP: CompTIA A+
  10. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  11. nXPLOSi

nXPLOSi Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF :) !

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA 2003 (270, 290, 291), MCTS (640, 642), MCSA 2008
    WIP: MCSA 2012
  12. allblack

allblack Bit Poster

Hi all and thank you for the welcome. :D yes i'll be doing just that :) Im hoping it's not going to take me to long to get the A+ N+ and MCDST, but then thats just down to how much time and work i can put in to it. I've always had my head in thing to see how there work for as long as i can remember, back in the day's of the sinclair and the commodore 64. I also had some time working on ibm 8088 pc back in the day's: HAha when i use to work for viglen then a small company in the 90's working with the 286, 386, 486 pc's installing windows from dos, But sadly that was the end of my IT career :oops:. as i last that job there and spent a lot of time going from job to job. Well it's time for me to get back in to IT and make a career for my self.8)

Certifications: in IT none
    WIP: A+, N+, MCDST
  13. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Good luck with your studies.

I remember Viglen ha with my 486 I also had an AST 486 wonder what happened to them?

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?