New to Cert Forums

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by Wade, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Wade

Wade New Member

Hi Everyone,

Just thought i'd introduce myself to everyone.

I'm Wade I'm 18 at the minute and have currently been working within an ICT department for 3 months.

I've spent 1 year and a half at college but didn't really learn a huge deal, as what was being taught didn't interest me.

I'm currently in the process of studying for my first MCSA/MCSE exam 70-270. I'm finding it rather easy but reading isn't a strong point for me.

I would love to get some advice from people here who have took/passed the exam.

Was it difficult?

I know the pass rate is 700marks out of 900, but how many points do you get for getting one question right?

Also if anyone has some good advice on how to get through it, it would have a huge impact on giving me more confidence.

Thanks for your time

Wade

2. greenbrucelee
    Highly Decorated Member Award

greenbrucelee Zettabyte Poster

Hi Welcome :)

Actually nobody knows how the questions are marked Microsoft don't divulge this information also people have failed with 700 points that is also not necesarily the pass mark either.

Certifications: A+, N+, MCDST, Security+, 70-270
    WIP: 70-620 or 70-680?
  3. Wade

Wade New Member

i see, does anyone know how many questions are in the exam i.e. 50?

4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

It varies so there is no hard and fast rule

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. UCHEEKYMONKEY
    Honorary Member

UCHEEKYMONKEY R.I.P - gone but never forgotten. Gold Member

hello Wade & welcome to Certforums:sunny

"I'm currently in the process of studying for my first MCSA/MCSE exam 70-270. I'm finding it rather easy but reading isn't a strong point for me."

Just wondering are you doing that through self study or training provider?:blink

Certifications: Comptia A+
    WIP: Comptia N+
  6. Wade

Wade New Member

Self Study :x

7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Additionally, nobody knows what the maximum or minimum score is... the minimum might not be 0, and the maximum might not be 900 (or 1000). Rumor has it that different exams have different maximum scores, but this has not been confirmed or denied. Different exams seem to be scored differently. Plus, Microsoft can add in unscored beta questions at any time.

All that means is this: it is useless to try to determine how many questions you need to get right on a Microsoft exam to exceed the magical 700 score. The best strategy you can take is to understand ALL of the concepts completely, then go take the exam.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!