New to Cert Forum;Please fill in your Profile

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by unemployedstudent, Mar 13, 2006.

1. unemployedstudent

unemployedstudent Byte Poster

Welcome newbie,

The Certforum (CF) is a great place to get advice on everything related to certificates in I.T. related subjects, even beer!

When you post a message or 'thread' most of the readers look at your profile, to judge what you know or don't, where you are located in the world and anything else useful.

You can update your profile as many times as you like, the more info the better (for members replying to your posts or threads).

To find your profile, look on the 2nd blue bar down, 4th item along the 'UserCP', click on that button and fill out the form.

Use other members profiles as a guide to filling out your profile.

Have Fun, :iluvcf

Certifications: BAISA(hons) Degree, ECDL.
    WIP: A+, CompTIA N+, CCNA
  2. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Uh...unemployed student...filling in profiles is voluntary. Some of our members feel quite comfortable including that information and some would rather not. It's all good. :wink:

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  3. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

umm unemployedstudent sorry if im going to ask (nothing intended) but why do you ask people over and over again to fill their user profiles in? yeah its nice to know more about people but contantly asking every new member is a little strange.. :rolleyes:

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  4. unemployedstudent

Yes I agree with the sentiments, but I'm an inquisitive person, probably why I want to understand computers and make them work. People are the same (to me) what makes them tick. :D

Also, I love the global variations, you are typing in the States, (or Nicosia) I'm in England. Also the WIP (work in progress) line is great, because it shows where/how members can interact, not just from the posting of a message. :beers2

Maybe I'm just different, I like to interact with a person not an annonymous entity. :eek:

5. zimbo
    Honorary Member

zimbo Petabyte Poster

ummm Nicosia is in Cyprus - Europe - not USA (god forbid us is we were!!)

Certifications: B.Sc, MCDST & MCSA
    WIP: M.Sc - Computer Forensics
  6. unemployedstudent

I cant keep up with the threads :oops: