New role - need advise on Umbrella Company

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by toshiba145, Aug 24, 2014.

1. toshiba145

toshiba145 Nibble Poster

Hi Guys,

I am about to start a 3 month contract role in London. Any advise on which Umbrella company to use? This is the first time I am going into contracting so finding it hard to decide on umbrella company. Is parasol any good?

Thanks

Certifications: A+, CCNA
    WIP: MCITP
  2. zxspectrum

zxspectrum Terabyte Poster Forum Leader Gold Member

I used a company called Ipaye, they paid on time and there wasnt much of an issue really. They did send a few people in when the work was dead, which meant they just got sent home, but that happened once.

The people who run it are decent on the phone, just make sure you have all your paper work in order to get paid prompt, i think you had the option of working a week or 2 weeks in hand.

Dont know if it would be worth going self employed for that 3 months as they will take money off you for their services etc, mine was £10 a week, you get your holiday pay in with your wages as well.

Ed

Certifications: BSc computing and information systems
    WIP: 70-680
  3. SimonD
    Honorary Member

SimonD Terabyte Poster

Although I left them a while ago (I went perm after 14 years as a contractor) I swear by Paystream, they were really great and always at the end of a phone if I needed them. I used Parasol many years ago and again they were a decent umbrella but I stuck with Paystream for a good 6 years and the only reason I stopped using them was the fact that I did go perm.

Certifications: CNA | CNE | CCNA | MCP | MCP+I | MCSE NT4 | MCSA 2003 | Security+ | MCSA:S 2003 | MCSE:S 2003 | MCTS:SCCM 2007 | MCTS:Win 7 | MCITP:EDA7 | MCITP:SA | MCITP:EA | MCTS:Hyper-V | VCP 4 | ITIL v3 Foundation | VCP 5 DCV | VCP 5 Cloud | VCP6 NV | VCP6 DCV | VCAP 5.5 DCA
  4. toshiba145

toshiba145 Nibble Poster

thanks guys

Certifications: A+, CCNA
    WIP: MCITP