New Rig

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Fergal1982, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

My pc packed in this week. Looks like one of the drives failed, and even a format of the OS drive won't stop it complaining about a missing/ corrupt BCD/ Bootmgr.

I've been honking about it for a while, so this is a good excuse for me to buy a new rig. So I've bought this one:

Battlefield War General Intel Core i7 2700K 3.50GHz @ 4.80GHz DDR3 Limited Edition Quad Core System [BF3-PC-2]

Along with a 120GB SSD, and a GTX 580 1.5GB.

Happy days! Should arrive early next week.

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present
  2. RichyV

RichyV Megabyte Poster

Nice rig - good choice of options too...

Good luck with it!

Certifications: B.Sc.(Hons), MBCS. MCP (271,272), MCDST, MCTS (680), MCITP:EDST7, MCSA:WIN7, MCPS, MCNPS
    WIP: 70-686, then onto MCSE: Desktop Infrastructure via MCSA: Server 2012...
  3. Fergal1982

Fergal1982 Petabyte Poster

Had it for a while now. Liking it so far - except that the GFx card seemed to be bust. I was getting BSoD's when playing COD4 or Deus Ex. On Friday (whilst disabling the overclock to rule it out) the card crapped out, BSOD'd, then kept throwing BSOD's (SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION) when attempting to boot windows. If I went into the BIOS, the resolution was fecked so bad that I only saw the top left quarter. Not to mention blurry text and anomalies.

Sent the card back today, so hopefully the replacement will be fine.

However, stress testing seems to be pretty good:
    View attachment 2619

Certifications: ITIL Foundation; MCTS: Visual Studio Team Foundation Server 2010, Administration
    WIP: None at present