New Queen + Paul Rodgers Album

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic' started by Markyboyt, Sep 22, 2008.

1. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

Just wondering if anybody has checked out the new Queen + Paul Rodgers album yet?
    And if so what are your thoughts?

Also is anybody going to any of the upcoming gigs?
    Not really sure what peoples feelings are towards Queen, Paul Rodgers or Queen + Paul Rodgers so thought it was about time I found out :lol:

WIP: A+
  2. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Haven't heard anything from Queen since the addition of Rodgers. Am curious.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  3. Markyboyt

Markyboyt Kilobyte Poster

So you didnt catch any of the output from the tour in 2005? they had a live album out and also released one of the songs as a single here in the uk. I know the album was out in the US but im not sure about the single.

The tour in 2005 was just Queen songs with a sprinkling of PR songs (Free & Bad Company) but this new album is actually a whole new studio album from the collaboration. Is a lot more Rodgers styled in my opinion though, quite slow, has some good songs and some stinkers on it.

WIP: A+
  4. UKDarkstar
    Honorary Member

UKDarkstar Terabyte Poster

Lets face it they don't need the money !

In a way I think they should have stopped went we lost Freddie.

I can still remember buying the News of the World album (on vinyl in those days!).

I was the fifth person at Grammar School to have bought it - about 40 mins after it's "official" release in the shops !

For me, I still love the early stuff - Killer Queen, BR etc

Certifications: BA (Hons), MBCS, CITP, MInstLM, ITIL v3 Fdn, PTLLS, CELTA
    WIP: CMALT (about to submit), DTLLS (on hold until 2012)
  5. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

No... didn't know about it over here in the US. :)

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!