New Mike meyers Book

Discussion in 'A+' started by chris1, Jan 14, 2012.

1. chris1

chris1 Bit Poster

There seems to be a new edition soon to be available Comptia A+ Certification All-in-one Exam Guide: Exams 220-801 & 220-802, and i was wondering as im about to start revising for the exam, do i wait for this edition to be released or does this book just contain more detail of windows 7?

Also if anyone is selling their Mike Meyers 7th edition book I would happily take it off their hands at the right price that is :biggrin

Thanks

2. soundian

soundian Gigabyte Poster

The 701/702 is the current exam set. CompTIA website doesn't mention the exam changing.
    The book isn't due for release until 31st July so I'm guessing the new exam set (801/802) is going to be announced soon. There's normally a 9 month or so overlap on the exams so concentrate on the 701/702 at the moment, you should have until the end of the year to pass going on past CompTIA practices.
    The current Meyers book doesn't really cover W7 so I'm led to believe, but there is a seperate update available.
    In my opinion Vista and Windows 7 are virtually indistinguishable at the A+ level so there's no need to worry too much about it.

Certifications: A+, N+,MCDST,MCTS(680), MCP(270, 271, 272), ITILv3F, CCENT
    WIP: Knuckling down at my new job