1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New Member : Tom Sherlock

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by englishkid19, Dec 18, 2011.

1. englishkid19

englishkid19 Bit Poster

Hi all,

Thought id take this time to introduce myself as i am new on here and plan on using the forum for a good few months to come!

My name is Tom Sherlock and i live in Ashby , Leicestershire. I am 30 years old and looking to begin a new career in I.T. For the last 6 years after graduating university i have been playing professional basketball in the UK and Abroad. Also during this time i have been working in a school on and off in Derby for 4 years, supporting chidlren with special needs. As my Basketball career is coming to an end i am looking to begin a new one in I.T. I thought a good way to start would be to get some professional certs and look at getting a local company to take me on as a summer intern ! Of course i am willing to invest time and money into this and would be happy to hear from anyone with any encouragement or ideas of what is the best way to proceed!

Currently i have very basic I.T skills, after gradauting university in U.S.A with a BSc in Computer information technology i have not been actively involved in any computer related business for 6 / 7 years. I am thinking of doing a complete re-learn of all the basic skills as they advance so quickly ( A+ and Network + quick course as a start )

Thanks alot for looking Tom
  2. Notes_Bloke

Notes_Bloke Terabyte Poster

Welcome to CF:D

Certifications: 70-210, 70-215, A+,N+, Security+
  3. craigie

craigie Terabyte Poster

Good to have you onboard!
    Certifications: CCA | CCENT | CCNA | CCNA:S | HP APC | HP ASE | ITILv3 | MCP | MCDST | MCITP: EA | MCTS:Vista | MCTS:Exch '07 | MCSA 2003 | MCSA:M 2003 | MCSA 2008 | MCSE | VCP5-DT | VCP4-DCV | VCP5-DCV | VCAP5-DCA | VCAP5-DCD | VMTSP | VTSP 4 | VTSP 5
  4. wagnerk
    Highly Decorated Member Award

wagnerk aka kitkatninja Moderator

Hi & welcome to CF :)
    Certifications: CITP, PGCert, BSc, HNC, LCGI, PTLLS, MCT, MCITP, MCTS, MCSE, MCSA:M, MCSA, MCDST, MCP, MTA, MCAS, MOS (Master), A+, N+, S+, ACA, VCA, etc... & 2nd Degree Black Belt
    WIP: PGDip