New member, quick question about MS certification and MSDN access

Discussion in 'General Microsoft Certifications' started by Blade, Jan 5, 2009.

1. Blade

Blade New Member

I'd just like to state that this site is a great resource for the IT professional in the UK.

Anyway, I am going to be taking my first MS exam (70-536 App Dev Foundation) and was wondering, do I get access to the MSDN download library once I pass?

I do intend to go all the way and get MCP certification (paying for all this on my own, unemployed at the moment).

Thanks

2. BosonJosh

BosonJosh Gigabyte Poster

I haven't passed the 70-536 exam, but I don't think doing so will give you access to the MSDN download center. It's been a long time (almost 10 years) since I've heard of MS giving any kind of benefit like free access to software for passing an exam.

Welcome to the site!

3. JonnyMX

JonnyMX Petabyte Poster

I think once you have passed an MS exam, you get discounted rates on MSDN membership.
    You won't get it for free unless you work for a partner.

Certifications: MCT, MCTS, i-Net+, CIW CI, Prince2, MSP, MCSD
  4. Gareth.Harle

Gareth.Harle Bit Poster

Going on what I know from the TechNet subscription system, you simply get a discount for passing the exam. But god I wish it was free!! :)

Certifications: MCSA, MCT, MCITP:EST
    WIP: Not sure yet
  5. Blade

Blade New Member

Thanks guys.

I do a lot of .NET development in my spare time (mostly on the web side - ASP.NET), the software would be extremely useful - Biztalk, MOM 2005, etc.