New member and Cerco graduate

Discussion in 'New Members Introduction' started by CyberJock, Nov 26, 2005.

1. CyberJock

CyberJock New Member

Hi everyone, I have just registered with CertForums and read a few postings regarding Ceco IT Training. as a new 'Graduate' I read with some interest and a little concern. My understanding of the Cerco deal is that they do not guarantee anyone a job. They claim a 98.3% success rate in securing full time permanent placements for their graduates. However, they don't specify a time limit nor do they outline how many graduates actually secured a job through their own endeavours. I got 3 distinctions, 1 merit and 2 passes, which I felt was pretty damn good for someone who has never looked inside a PC before. I look forward to seeing more possitive postings from all Cerco graduates and hopefully we will all be lucky to start the new year in an IT job.

2. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Hi and welcome to CF.
    I take it now you have completed your training you are waiting for a position then?

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  3. Jakamoko
    Honorary Member

Jakamoko On the move again ...

Hi CyberJock - you speak so highly of Cerco, you could almost work for them ? The rest of the Guys will be along soon to say hello to you. :)

Certifications: MCP, A+, Network+
    WIP: Clarity
  4. simongrahamuk
    Honorary Member

simongrahamuk Hmmmmmmm?

Welcome to CF! :biggrin

Have you managed to secure a position through Cerco yet?

5. moominboy

moominboy Gigabyte Poster

welcome to the forums mate!

Certifications: ECDL
    WIP: A+
  6. Daz

Daz Bit Poster

Hi CJ and welcome, new on here myself and considering Cerco for my training, any useful info you can pass on about them might help me make my mind up, cheers

Daz

Certifications: BsC
    WIP: ECDL
  7. Clyde

Clyde Megabyte Poster

AFAIK cerco are in tight with ICL (I think) who ought to have entry level positions available on an ongoing basis. Dunno who else they're in with though..

for what thats worth..

Certifications: A+, Network+, Security+, MCSA, MCSE
    WIP: MCITP
  8. Veteran's son

Veteran's son Megabyte Poster

Welcome to the forums! :)

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+
  9. tripwire45
    Honorary Member

tripwire45 Zettabyte Poster

Greetings, CyberJock and Welcome. :)

Certifications: A+ and Network+
  10. CyberJock

CyberJock New Member

Is'nt everyone? I completed the course on Friday 25th November, decided to give my brain a well earned rest for the weekend and start serious job searching from Monday, will let you know how things go.

11. CyberJock

CyberJock New Member

Hi Jakamoko, unfortunately I don't work for them, but lets face it, if they offered any of us a job at Cerco I don't thing too many would refuse, do you.

I thought it was a very good course and I certainly understand a hellova lot more that I did before I started. I will start serious job hunting from Monday. If you hear of any IT work in the Suffolk area, let me know please.

12. CyberJock

CyberJock New Member

Hi Simongrahamuk, no not yet, but I only completed the courses on Friday 25th November, we'll see what the postman brings this week.

13. CyberJock

CyberJock New Member

Thanks Moominboy, will let you know the job hunting goes when I start looking from Monday.

14. CyberJock

CyberJock New Member

Hi Daz, I must admit, when I started with them four weeks ago, I felt a bit anxious, I seemed to be the only person at the course who did not already have some technical experience of computers. Having said that, most of the instructors were very good at explaining their subject and were helpfull to numties like me. They do cram an awful lot of theory into each section of the course so you have to be prepared to do a lot of study each night and at weekends. I would like to say that by the end of the course, all the theory made sense. Doh! I reckon about 40 - 50% now makes sense and the rest will come with further reading and lots of practice.

15. CyberJock

CyberJock New Member

Clyde, I don't know who their in tight with appart from Mastercare and Banktec, but they claim to send CVs to about 3000 companies. Despite this, they recommend that graduates should also do their own networking and normal job hunting. Having just completed the course on Friday 25th November, I can't comment on how good or bad they are at getting me to the interview stage - after that it down to me. Will let you all know as and when.

16. CyberJock

CyberJock New Member

Thanks mate.

17. CyberJock

CyberJock New Member

Thanks mate

18. nugget
    Honorary Member

nugget Junior toady

Hi and welcome to the forum.:D

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP (270,271,272,290,620) | MCDST | MCTS:Vista
    WIP: MCSA, 70-622,680,685