New Job!

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by trebor_88, Sep 29, 2010.

1. trebor_88

trebor_88 Byte Poster

After 5 months being a temp Desktop Support guy, I had enough of rubbish money and crappy jobs, knowing I did have the skills to better my self, I put my CV out there and I have accepted a permeant Desktop Support job at another company, the money is much better and with many more opportunities!

I have to say, this site gave me the confidence to go for another job, onwards and upwards, need to get on with my MCSE now. :)!

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:EDST, MCTS:7
    WIP: VMware VCP 5, MCSE and CCNA
  2. david_mcg

david_mcg Bit Poster

congrats always good to hear great news hope it follows when i head for my interview next week :D

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MVA 79
  3. vp

vp Bit Poster

Congrats mate.

Certifications: A+, N+, BSc CS
    WIP: MCDST
  4. Josiahb

Josiahb Gigabyte Poster

Congrats! Best of luck with the new job!

Certifications: A+, Network+, MCDST, ACA – Mac Integration 10.10
  5. Theprof

Theprof Petabyte Poster

Congrats!

Certifications: A+ | CCA | CCAA | Network+ | MCDST | MCSA | MCP (270, 271, 272, 290, 291) | MCTS (70-662, 70-663) | MCITP:EMA | VCA-DCV/Cloud/WM | VTSP | VCP5-DT | VCP5-DCV
    WIP: VCAP5-DCA/DCD | EMCCA
  6. LukeP

LukeP Gigabyte Poster

Congrats mate!

WIP: Uhmm... not sure
  7. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

Congrats... however, the MCSE is suited for people with a year of server admin experience, not for people who are just getting their first permanent desktop support job. All you need at this point is the A+, Network+, and MCDST.

Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!
  8. trebor_88

trebor_88 Byte Poster

Cheers....I understand what the MCSE is suited for...but even entry level server roles want you to have a MCSE...I have some server experience and I have some books, add the two together and I have the knowledge for the MCSE.

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:EDST, MCTS:7
    WIP: VMware VCP 5, MCSE and CCNA
  9. BosonMichael
    Honorary Member Highly Decorated Member Award 500 Likes Award

BosonMichael Yottabyte Poster

That's why you should get some light server admin experience while you are a desktop support tech. THEN you should pursue your MCSA (and later, your MCSE)... THEN you should pursue one of those "entry-level server roles".

I never said you needed the knowledge... I said you needed the experience. Those are two totally separate and distinct things. Book knowledge is NOT experience.

You say you have "some" server experience. If you have a year's worth of real-world server administration experience, then you're ready for the MCSE. If you've got a year's worth of experience dinking around with it in your basement, then you don't have real-world server admin experience. I have no idea which category you fall under - I am simply telling you what Microsoft recommends you have before you start the MCSE.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2010
    Certifications: CISSP, MCSE+I, MCSE: Security, MCSE: Messaging, MCDST, MCDBA, MCTS, OCP, CCNP, CCDP, CCNA Security, CCNA Voice, CNE, SCSA, Security+, Linux+, Server+, Network+, A+
    WIP: Just about everything!