1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

New job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by andy-d, Aug 1, 2007.

1. andy-d

andy-d Bit Poster

Hey guys, not been on here in a while. I've just started my helpdesk job this week... It's not exactly as i expected it. Anyone else found that it's not what they thought it would be?

WIP: A+
  2. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

What did you think it would be?

Certifications: MCSA , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP 2008 Ent Admin, Server Admin, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, CCNA & VCP5
  3. andy-d

andy-d Bit Poster

I just thought it would be a bit more... 'work' and less forms, but it appears i was wrong. I'm doing a few out and about calls, but most of the time it's logging the calls :/ I'm sure it'll get better or more interesting... :|

WIP: A+
  4. drum_dude

drum_dude Gigabyte Poster

Yeah sounds like typical 1st line service desk stuff! I know what you mean though! Years ago an agency talked up a position to me and also so did the interviewers - I turned up a week later and it was a pile of shite! Just call logging crap in a team of 30 of which ALL wanted to go onto 2nd line...I walked after a week and got myself a 2nd line job!

Keep on the look out m8 cos they're plenty of positions out there!

Certifications: MCSA , N+, A+ ,ITIL V2, MCTS
    WIP: MCITP 2008 Ent Admin, Server Admin, Exchange 2010, Lync 2010, CCNA & VCP5