1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

new job

Discussion in 'Employment & Jobs' started by farmer, Mar 8, 2007.

1. farmer

farmer Byte Poster

while not stricltly I.T, related have just got a job with bt in their call center in aberdeen its billing support for a start but may possibily lead onto broad band support later.

Certifications: C&G level 2, ECDL, IC3, MOS
    WIP: city and guilds level3 , a+
  2. mondos

mondos Kilobyte Poster

Good for you mate, It's a start that could lead to better things.I wouldn't mind some of your luck at the minute , but then I've only been job hunting for about 6 weeks Only 15 applications and no replies.
    Best of luck:thumbleft .

Certifications: A+
    WIP: N+, MCDST and finding a job!
  3. farmer

farmer Byte Poster

thanks been working for a local agency mostly doing delivery work for DHL two days a week. heard about the job with manpower who staff the call center for bt from a fellow student at college when he got the job and thought it was worth a try.

Certifications: C&G level 2, ECDL, IC3, MOS
    WIP: city and guilds level3 , a+
  4. Boycie
    Honorary Member

Boycie Senior Beer Tester

Farmer,

Well done on your new job. The beauty of working for a company such as BT will be promotion. Vacancies are usually advertised internally before going to agencies/ public.

Get your head down and try and build a rapport with anyone from the *IT* department. If they come over to fix your machine, try and let them know you are interested in their field.

I used to work for a PLC and my line manager always said that the company love promoting people and recruiting new to replace *the old position*.
    He said stats show happier employees work better and are more reliable than part timers or people looking for extra money at Christmas time.

Good luck

Certifications: MCSA 2003, MCDST, A+, N+, CTT+, MCT
  5. derkit

derkit Gigabyte Poster

that's similar to the way I got my foot in the door - walked into Adecco looking for a job with a preference in IT - 2 days later, interview and job offer - that was Jan 06.

Now I'm working 2nd line desktop support on the same contract but permanent staff member. The contract is one supporting the MoD.

I was surprised at the luck I had - so as Boyce said - get your head down and make a *good* name for yourself and some they'll notice you :-)
    Well done!

Certifications: MBCS, BSc(Hons), Cert(Maths), A+, Net+, MCDST, ITIL-F v3, MCSA
    WIP: 70-293