New job requires MCDST training

Discussion in 'MCDST' started by cookie79, Oct 1, 2010.

1. cookie79

cookie79 New Member

Hi All,

Following on from my first post, my new employers would like me to gain the MCDST qualifications to give me a good understanding of the basics.

As i mentioned im new to the IT industry (having come from engineering) and would like to ask any advice in helping me study and pass this qualification in a timely manner.

Ive read through the threads on here giving me some great places to find information.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated on getting started from beginning, wanting to be done by end of December if possible.

regards

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 1, 2010
  2. trebor_88

trebor_88 Byte Poster

Will your employer not pay for a course as they want you to attain this qualification?

Certifications: MCP, MCDST, MCSA, MCITP:EDST, MCTS:7
    WIP: VMware VCP 5, MCSE and CCNA
  3. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

If your employer will pay for a course then great. If not get the official Microsoft MCDST books and a PC to mess around with and self study for it.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  4. cookie79

cookie79 New Member

My employer will be paying for the course in December, but until then as im new to the industry I wanted to have a couple of months studying myself to get to grips with it to make the course in december easier.

5. michael78

michael78 Terabyte Poster

Then i would buy the official MCDST books and get a PC to mess around with.

Certifications: A+ | Network+ | Security+ | MCP | MCDST | MCTS: Hyper-V | MCTS: AD | MCTS: Exchange 2007 | MCTS: Windows 7 | MCSA: 2003 | ITIL Foundation v3 | CCA: Xenapp 5.0 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7 | MCITP: Enterprise Desktop Support Technician on Windows 7
    WIP: Online SAN Overview, VCP in December 2011
  6. cookie79

cookie79 New Member

Cheers I shall sort out the books asap and get a PC set up at work to play around with in spare time.

Thanks for your help